Fourteen

Olivia's POV:

I rip open another crate but I let out a sigh, seeing as it didn't have anything inside. "Nothing here either, Scott."

The intercom crackles above us. "Guys, get out of there now." Argent sternly spoke.

"Let's go before they all get back." Malia pleaded and I nod, moving towards the door we just entered through but she paused in her steps and glanced behind me. "What?"

I follow her line of vision, seeing as Scott stayed in place as he stared at another door across the room. "That scent..."

Her eyes narrow into concentration. "It's Jiang and Tierney."

"They're here?" I ask in surprise.

"Guys, you need to leave now!" Allison's voice spoke through the intercom.

"Help me with this." Scott ordered Malia and she nods, the two quickly rushing over to the door. They wrap their hands around the metal door and I watch as they pulled with as much strength as they could but it refused to budge.

"No, no, no!" Argent urgently spoke up again. "Don't open that door!"

But it was too late. The door finally slid open but in a matter of seconds, the sounds of clicking rang out which was soon followed by the doors swinging shut one by one to lock us in.

Phoebe's POV:

Liam tries to peek his head around the wall but I quickly nudged his shoulder. "You're going to get caught if you keep peeking."

Liam ignored the comment and tries peeking around the wall but Theo stepped forward, pulling his shoulder back. "I'm not dying out here because you want payback against some kid who kicked your ass, okay?"

He rolled his eyes and continued to try to peek around the wall but in a matter of seconds, Theo yanked his arm and dragged him further away which caused me to quickly follow.

Liam huffed. "Let go."

"Calm down!" Theo raised his voice.

"I said let go!" Liam growled as his eyes flashed gold.

I furrow my brows in confusion. "What's going on with you? Is Nolan causing you to shift?"

He shook his head, causing the color of his eyes to return. "I'm fine."

"No. Something around here is triggering him." Theo scoffed. "What is it? The hunters? You don't like cages? Scared of heights?"

"I said I'm fine!"

"They're up here!" My head snapped, seeing as Nolan aimed his crossbow at Liam with a smirk.

Before any of us could move, Liam lets out a roar and tackles him off of the ledge which causes them to topple over.

"Dammit." Theo groaned before he turned to me. "I'll make sure time-bomb over here doesn't rip Nolan's head off while you try to lead the other hunters off somewhere else, got that?"

I nod and he jumps over the ledge while I quickly sprint back to the darkened hall.

However, I skid to a stop as soon as I hear Monroe's scoff. "The armory failsafe was triggered and I can't reach anyone there."

"Don't worry about it." A rasped voice hummed and I sneakily peek around the wall, watching as Gerard eyed our packed supplies in amusement while Monroe shook her head with disbelief.

"None of that sounds remotely suspicious?" She questioned.

"None of it sounds remotely worthy of my time." He harshly stated.