Thirteen

Phoebe's POV:

"It's not just a pack, okay? There's an Alpha, a girl that can literally shoot flames out of her hands at will, and a Banshee..." We hear Nolan stammer from below the exhibit structure. "They're all here."

Before the two armored men could turn and see me, I quickly duck behind the boulder.

"I don't see all of them."

"I don't see anyone."

"I-I saw Theo, Phoebe, and Liam bringing a car full of food and supplies right here! There were at least nine sleeping bags, okay?" Nolan emphasized but I quietly move back towards where Liam and Theo sat on the other side of the piled rocks. "They're here! They're all here!"

"It's just two guys and Nolan." I whisper.

Liam huffed in annoyance. "This isn't going to work."

"Where's the backup? I mean, shouldn't there be, like, twenty of them?" Theo curiously asked.

"Well, isn't it obvious?" I question and gesture to myself. "They think I'll be easy to take down so, of course, they would send two if they only saw you guys. They won't believe Nolan unless they see it's a bigger threat than they intended."

"Okay...then they have to believe us." Theo whispered before clearing his throat. "Isn't that right?" He exclaimed, causing my eyes to widen.

"Quiet!" I scold. "Are you trying to get them to find us?"

"You got a problem?" Theo argued with a scoff. "Oh, that's right, you always have a problem! Typical Phoebe needing to be right at everything."

"What the hell are you doing?" Liam angrily whispered.

"Shut up!" Theo yelled, causing Liam's eyes to widen in disbelief. "Yeah, you see that, Olivia? Poor little Phoebe can't take the heat. Allison, don't tell me she forgot how to stand up for herself." Theo continued and I slowly nod, playing along with his act. "She's gone soft."

"Says the guy who's practically on their toes around Malia." I loudly remark. "Isn't it hilarious, Malia?"

"I still don't get--" Liam tried to whisper but instantly Theo jabbed his fist forward to connect to Liam's nose, causing him to stumble backward. "Agh!"

"See that Scott? Your little Beta can't even take a punch." Theo smirked as Liam scrambled to stand on his feet. "What, you think he can take me?"

Liam glanced between us before slowly nodding in understanding. "Okay, I get it. But did you actually have to punch me?"

I quietly crawl back to my spot, seeing as the two hunters curiously eye the spot where they heard our shouts. "It's working!" I whisper but as I turn to Liam and Theo, I wince at the sight of the two boys throwing fists back and forth.

"See what I mean, Scott?" Theo panted. "He's only good in a fight when he's angry. So, let's see how angry he gets."

Oh boy.

Olivia's POV:

"Any...twos?" Malia asks me as I adjust my posture beside Allison in the trunk backseat to hide my cards.

"Nope." She huffs in annoyance and takes another card from the deck. "Do you have any nines?" She lets out a growl as she hands me the card and I grin, placing the pair to the side. "Sevens?"

"What the--you're cheating!" Malia exclaimed, tossing the card in my direction once more. "This game is stupid."

"No, you just suck." I snicker and lean close to Allison who was nervously glancing between the SUVs parked in front of the Argent Arms International building and Lydia, who sat in the front seat with Argent, waiting for Liam's text to confirm that the plan worked.