Twenty-Two

Allison's POV:

"So...you slept together and woke up to her being gone?" Lydia questioned as we pulled into Scott's driveway. "With a pillow under your arm?"

"Saying it out loud makes it sound worse," I mutter, shutting the ignition off. "But yes? Be honest, should I be worried?"

"Well..."

I lean against the window with a whine. "Lydia!"

"What? You asked me to be honest!" She exclaimed as I rub the side of my temples to soothe my nerves. "I've never seen you this worked up before. You feeling okay?"

"The easy solution is to blame the Anuk-ite but...since the armory incident where Scott, Malia, and Olivia got trapped, I've been having nightmares." I mutter, fiddling with my fingers to recall the memory. "Nightmares about not getting to Olivia in time."

"Alli..." Lydia whispered, reaching over to clasp her hand over mine. "She may not be able to resurrect from the dead anymore but you and I know that she's a fighter. Nothing that small is gonna make her stay down."

"But what we're up against isn't small. I-I..." I trail off before I shook my head, fighting the tears spilling from my eyes. "I can't live in a world if she isn't there with me. What if something happened to her and I wasn't there to stop it? Why couldn't she just wake me up?"

"Listen, you need to stop immediately assuming the worse, or else it'll drive you crazy about the 'what if's'." Lydia instructed as she patted my arm a few times. "You love her, right?"

I immediately nod. "So much."

"Then trust her."

I slowly nod with a small smile before wrapping my arms around her to pull her into a hug. "Thank you for always being there for me, Lydia."

"Of course. You would have been a lost sheep without me. I mean for god's sake, who else was going to be the one to help clean out your closet to choose better outfits for you to wear?" She sighed, causing me to let out a giggle as we pulled away. "Now come on, let's see if they're here."

"Do you honestly think they're here?"

"Well did Olivia seem like herself?" We step out of the car and made our way towards the backdoor before pushing it open. "Have you tried to call her?"

"Well there was a moment where she seemed distracted but then we...erm—"

Lydia holds up her hand with a wince, cutting me off from my sentence as I shut the door behind us. "Spare me the details, please."

"Other than that, I don't think so. The cell phone towers are messed up so none of my calls are going through."

"Scott?" Lydia called as we make our way through the kitchen and to the living room.

I furrow my brows in confusion at how quiet and empty the house is. "Is nobody here?" I question as we wander toward the staircase. "Scott? Olivia?"

"I wouldn't say nobody." A voice spoke from behind, causing me to unclip my dagger from my belt and throw it.

The person swiftly catches it in their hands but instantly I roll my eyes in annoyance. "Oh, it's just you."

Peter twirled the dagger in his hands with an unamused look. "Normally I'd be offended but I simply don't have the time for chitchat." He sighed as he handed me the weapon before placing his hands on his hips.

"What exactly are you doing here?" Lydia questioned, trying to catch her breath from the sudden scare.

"Looking for Malia. What are you two doing here?"