Epilogue

ONE YEAR LATER

Olivia's POV:

I clip the last button to my overalls and glance down at my outfit with a small smile, seeing the knitted navy-blue long sleeve I wore underneath.

Our friends and family are coming over for our house party so it's not like we were going to go out.

I brush out the last knots of my hair but my eyes trail to the picture frames of our loved ones displayed near the mirror dresser. Though, one of them stood out in particular.

I toss the hairbrush on the bed and walk over to the mirror dresser, grabbing the picture frame. It was a selfie of my mom and I cheekily smiling in our living room at our old house with unpacked boxes in the background.

Beacon Hills...the day it all started.

The Olivia that day was so oblivious of it all. She and her mom had no idea what they signed themselves up for. The rollercoaster of being in life and death situations, somehow juggling the end of the world while being in high school, sacrificing herself to save her friends, miraculously resurrecting from the dead, dodging attempted bounty's, meeting ancestors, disappearing from existence, almost dying again for good.

"Baby?" I jump at the voice and turn, seeing Allison dressed in red wool sweater and blue jeans.

"Oh, hey." I fake a smile, placing the picture frame back into its spot. "I was just looking for my bracelet and I'll be finished. Everything okay?"

She nods but walked closer to me, interlacing our hands together with a solemn look. "I believe I should be asking you that question. Especially since today is..." She trailed, causing my smile to falter and look off to the side. "it's completely up to you if you want to cancel. Everyone will understand."

I quickly shake my head. "This is the only time when our friends' schedules line up and my dad already rescheduled his weekend off. I can't do that to them." I explained and bring our interlaced hands close to our faces, pressing a small kiss against her knuckles. "And you've been wanting your dad to visit too."

"All I want is to make sure my girlfriend is okay." She emphasized with a brow raised. "We could always see them again next break."

"If I wasn't okay, I wouldn't have agreed to let them come over." I reassured with a small smile. "My therapist told me that I can't move on from grief if I'm still holding on to it so this will be good for me."

"Okay...good because I didn't know which type of wine to buy at the grocery store so I bought four bottles of Pinot Noir, Lambrusco, and champagne to play it safe." Allison sheepishly smiled.

"Each?"

"I didn't know which one you liked more!"

I tuck the strands of her hair behind her ear with a grin before pressing a quick kiss against her lips. "I love you so much."

She hummed. "I love you too." Several knocks pound against the front door which causes Allison's eyes to light up. "I think that's my dad. How much longer do you need to get ready?"

"Like...five minutes?" I shrug. "Just need to figure out what to do for my hair."

She hummed before taking off the red and white scrunchie around her wrist and holding it in front of my face. "Will this do?"