Moving Forward

Hunter and Matt scouted out Doug's house first. It wasn't anything fancy, just your run of the mill house. They knocked on the door and it opened. They recognized Doug immediately and before he could say anything Hunter grabbed him by the neck and forced him backwards pushing him against the wall. Matt closed and locked the door behind him and went through the house making sure no one else was there. Hunter finally let go of his neck.

"What the hell?" Doug wheezed between breaths.

"Not the question you should be asking," Hunter snarled, "Tell us now why you spilled about Riley."

"Oh her? I didn't really think anything of it. Once I heard from Cynthia, I figured with news this big it's a good way to make money so I contacted a news station or two and agreed to pay me for the information I had."

"So this was all about money than?" Matt said from the side.

 "Heck yes," Doug said, "I made a killing on this."

"Wrong answer," Hunter said stiffly and than punched him in the nose. He cried out in pain as his nose cracked and went sideways and blood started pouring out. Hunter threw him to the ground. Doug's head whacked on the floor and he almost passed out. Matt brought some water over and Hunter poured it on his face to keep him awake. 

"Why are you guys doing this? What have I ever done to you?" he whimpered out as he tried to curl up into a ball.

"That story you gave," Matt sneered, "Just put the girl we love in danger and we can't forgive anyone for doing anything that could bring her harm."

Doug paled at what Matt said, "Oh shit, you guys are them. Cynthia has mentioned you all before."

Hunter chuckled darkly, "Oh, she knows nothing about us but yes we are those guys." Hunter grins as he steps on Doug's leg breaking it. He yells out in pain and as he tries to grab his leg Hunter grabs his knife from his pocket and proceeds to stab one of his hands making the knife stick into the ground and the hand immobile. Matt and Hunter stand back watching Doug writhe on the ground. 

"Well Matt," Hunter grins, "What else should we do to our buddy here?"

Matt cracks up with laughter, "We could cut off his body parts one by one." Doug's cries turn into whimpers.

"Please no," Doug whispers barley being able to speak due to pain, "I will do whatever you guys want."

Matt's smile leaves his face, "There's nothing you can do, you screwed up and you will pay for it. You don't miss with us."

"If I go missing the police will look for you. I have friends who will miss me," Doug stammers out.

Hunter grins, "Oh dear old Dougie, you don't understand the hold we have. The police won't touch us. In fact as far as anyone knows you decided to up and move overseas but you disappear on the way there."

Doug paled even more, "What will happen to me?"

"You won't live to see another day," Matt responded, "You screwed up and now you will be paying for it."

Hunter and Matt grabbed Doug and put him in their trunk. They moved to an isolated area and proceeded to take care of him. Once they finished the torture, they doused the body in gasoline and lit it up making sure that no remains were left once the fire was out. 

"Well, that was easy," Matt grinned.

"Yup," Hunter responded, "Now let's go see our girl."

Riley

Riley yawned and slowly opened her eyes. She was lying on the couch covered with a blanket her head on Matt's lap. Hunter and Kaiden were playing a video game, Lucas was on his computer and Matt was reading. Matt noticed her movement and looked up. "Hey sleepyhead. Good morning" he said.