The Start of Closure

They hurriedly went to the hospital. Riley rushed to his room and shrieked in delight in seeing Matt's eyes open. They gowned up and walked into the room. She came over to him and grasped his hand. Matt squeezed it and gave her a small smile.  "Hey beautiful," he whispered and than coughed forcefully. Kaiden grabbed him a glass of water that was on the beside table and he drank it gratefully. 

"Glad to see you awake," Lucas said.

"Yeah, too bad, there goes our plan of stealing Riles away," Hunter grinned.

"Ha Ha, funny," Matt whispered as he tried to grin but ended up grimacing instead.

Riley looked over at him in concern, "Does your throat hurt?"

He nodded, "Hard to talk," he managed to rasp out. 

Kaiden came over to him and put his hand on his shoulder, "Don't talk, we'll talk and you'll listen."

Matt half smiled and nodded. They filled him in on everything that had happened since being in the hospital. Apart from squeezing Riley's hand a couple times he didn't talk. Finally the nurse came in and shuffled them out. Visiting hours were over according to her. Riley kissed him gently on the lips and Matt smiled. 

"See you soon," she whispered in his ear. Riley squeezed his hand one more time and they left stopping to talk to the doctor on the way out. Matt was going to be in ICU for a while still. But the doctor was confident he would make a full recovery. 

"What a good day," Riley smiled as she leaned against Lucas in the backseat. Lucas put his arm around her and kissed her gently on the forehead. 

The days following were filled with visits to the hospital. Every day Matt improved but still a long way to go before he would be stable enough to leave the hospital. 

In between the visits to the hospital, Riley continued to see the therapist and everyday she seemed to improve a little bit more. She still wasn't able to go fully all the way with the guys' yet but she became more comfortable with physical touch from them. She appreciated that they never pushed, they went as slow as she needed. She felt so cherished and loved. 

One day, Riley was sitting on the couch, reading a book when the guys came in looking concerned. "Hey Riles, we need to talk to you about something," Kaiden said.

Riley put the book down, "What's up? I'm all ears," she replied.

"Your parents," he stated, "We found them."

Riley gaped at him, "My parents?" She leaned back into the couch and ran her fingers through her hair, "I don't even know what to make of that, I haven't thought of them recently. I, uh, I don't know what to think."

The boys grimaced as they looked at each other. Hunter took a deep breath and than said, "Unfortunately, they're dead. A contact overseas found them. I'm so sorry sweetheart."

"Dead?" she stammered, "They're dead?"

They nodded somberly and Riley felt a tear run down her face. Since she did have a lot of her memories back, she did remember them. She didn't know what to think. One part of her was relieved that she finally knew about where her parents are and another part was saddened that she would never get to talk to them, ask them why her dad did what he did. See them again. She sighed as silent tears ran down her face. Lucas came over to her and pulled her into his arms. She buried her head in his shirt and sobbed quietly. Hunter came to her other side and rubbed her back while Kaiden got some Kleenex for her. 

Once she composed herself she asked, "What happened? Where were they? Tell me everything."

"Your parents were in eastern Asia area, very well hidden. It seemed like your father had a game plan in case things went south. And unfortunately it seems like you were collateral damage," Kaiden said.