Summertime

Ever since that event, Riley noticed that while yes the boys were protective, they upped the protectiveness even more and despite her being slightly annoyed by it, she understood why and didn't fight them on it. The days turned into weeks, exams came and went and it was summertime. The boys suggested that they go overseas and vacation wherever Riley wanted. Riley was so excited, she had always wanted to go to Greece so that's where they planned on going. However the day before they were suppose to leave, they got pulled away on urgent business.  They kissed Riley goodbye, said they would be in contact and left her securely in a safehouse. 

"Well, so much for a vacation away," Riley groaned as she flopped onto the bed. She glanced at her phone and saw no message from the guys. She knew they would blow a gasket if she stepped foot off the property so she decided to grab a book and read outside in the garden. The men guarding the place nodded to her as she went to the back. She stripped down to her underwear, laid on a chair in the sun and fell asleep reading a book. She woke up to the sun going down and no one around. She glanced at her phone and saw nothing from the guys.

She sent them a message, got up, changed into Matt's shirt and ate some food. Fell asleep waiting for them to come home. She woke up the next morning surrounded by heat and she could feel the deep breaths of the guys as they slumbered beside her. She tried to get up quietly but was pulled down by Lucas.

"Don't leave," he mumbled as he brought her to his body.

"I'm hungry, I need food," Riley retorted. Lucas groaned and released her and went back to bed. She saw Hunter asleep on her other side and Kaiden beside him. Didn't see Matt though so off she went to find him. 

She smelled bacon frying as she walked down the hallway, she peeked into the kitchen and saw him at the stove, shirtless, wearing sweatpants. She crept up quietly behind him but before she could get close enough to startle him he turned around and gave her a grin.

"Hello, miss I'm so not a ninja," he grinned.

Riley shook her head in exasperation, "I tried okay, it's not my fault you have super hearing."

Matt chuckled and wrapped her in a hug and kissed the top of her head, "I missed you yesterday, it was too long away."

"I agree, next time you should bring me with you."

"Yeah, not happening sweetheart, it's not safe for you."

Riley stuck her tongue out at him and he gently bit it. She giggled and pointed back to the stove, "Bacon."

"Ah shit," he said as she tired to save it. Black smoked filled the kitchen.

Kaiden came strolling through the kitchen yawning and suddenly started coughing as black smoked went into his face, "What the hell man?"

"Blame Riley, she distracted me," he responded. 

"Yes, blame the female," she retorted. 

Kaiden grinned as he kissed the top of her head and went to open up a window, "Good morning love, sleep well?"

"Better now that you guys are back."

"Yeah, about that. Unfortunately our trip will have to be postponed indefinitely. There is some major issues that have arisen and we can't leave," Kaiden said sadly.

"Well, what am I suppose to do all by myself here? I can't leave and if you guys are gone, I'm going to be bored out of my mind."

"Is there something else we can get you?" Kaiden asked as he ran his fingers through his bed ridden hair. 

"I have everything, this safehouse is huge. I just want to do something. I can't stay here all the time all summer, I'll go crazy."

Matt smiled sadly, "Sorry sweetheart, we can't risk you. Not again."