Healing Takes Time

Riley, Hunter and Kaiden went to the hospital on the day that Lucas was going to be discharged. Lucas had already been filled in on what happened from the boys' and how Riley finally agreed to go see someone. It was an exciting day for Riley. She was so excited to have another one of her guys home.

Riley hugged him tight as they were wheeled through the hospital. He tightened his grip on her waist. The only way he was allowing himself to be wheeled out was if Riley was on his lap. They looked at each other, smiled and he gave her a quick kiss on the lips. Riley sighed with happiness as she leaned her head on his shoulder. However that happiness could not fill her up fully. There was a piece missing. Matt was still in critical condition with no positive change. While in the hospital he also started having seizures after the cardiac arrest. The doctors have been trying everything under the sun to help him but regardless he wasn't getting any better. 

Riley pushed those thoughts out of her head and focused today on Lucas. He was still quite weak but the boys' had already set up a program for him to regain his strength. Later today was the first session with the doctor. She was nervous as heck and really didn't want to go but knew she needed help.

They made it back to the guys' place and helped Lucas to bed. Riley crawled in beside him and put her head on his shoulder and her arm around his waist. He sighed in contentment as he put his arm around her and pulled her close. Hunter and Kaiden left them alone.

"How you doing beautiful?" Lucas asked.

"I'm okay, I'm so happy to have you back. I've missed being in your arms."

Lucas smiled softly and kissed the top of her head, "I've missed you something fierce. It feels so good to have you in my arms."

They stayed together in silence and fell asleep wrapped in each other's arms. Riley was gently shaken awake by Hunter.

"Time to go," he said softly.

Riley sighed and opened her eyes. She grimaced but nodded her head and crawled out of bed.

"Kaiden is going to drive you for the first one," Hunter said.

Riley grasped his hand tightly, "Please don't leave me, I need my men with me. I can't do this by myself."

Hunter leaned down and kissed her lips, "Kaiden won't leave your side and I'm just a phone call away."

"Come here sweetheart," Kaiden held out his hand. Her hand took his and she turned around and gave Hunter a quick kiss on the cheek. Kaiden and her walked out to the vehicle and off they went.

Kaiden pulled up to a non descript building and walked with Riley to the door. Riley started breathing heavily with an increased respiratory rate. Kaiden gently cupped her face and turned her so she was facing him. She looked at him and he lowered his forehead to hers. "Breathe deeply sweetheart. I'm right here. I won't let you go."

Riley nodded and allowed herself to be led into a room. She looked around. It was cozy. There was a chair, couch, table, the fireplace was on and gave the room a nice ambience. She sat nervously on the edge of the couch and Kaiden sat beside her and grasped her hand.

"No need to be scared, Amelia is amazing at her job."

Riley gave him a small smile and jumped slightly when a door opened. Entered was an older women with brown hair and brown eyes. She had a gentle smile on her face and Riley felt at ease at once. She took a deep breathe. "I can do this," she thought to herself.

Amelia sat on the chair across from her. "Hello Riley," she said softly, "it's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Amelia."

"Hi" she replied softly, paused and than added, "So how does this work?"