Fight

One week later

(Charlotte is due in 3 weeks)

_Jayce_

Everything with Jax has been sorted out and he is being discharged today. He is not alowed to go back to work for another two weeks.

I grab Jax some clothes from our room, he is still angry with me since I won't tell him the secret.

I take the clothes and make my way down to the infirmary. When I reach the living room, I see my parents with the twins and I keep walking.

I smile when I hear faint giggling coming from the babies.

I walk.into the infirmary and straight to Jax's room. Jax glanced up as I walked in, he did not seem that happy to see me.

"I brought you some clothes." I said and he nodded.

"Listen, I know you are angry with me but just get dresses and we can go back to our room and discuss things." I said as I set the clothes next to him.

"Okay." Jax replied with a nod before disappearing into the bathroom, his hospital gown opening.

It is probably a bad time to comment how I got a full view of his boxers.

Jax emerged from the bathroom three minutes later and walked out of the room. I sighed and followed him up to our room.

When I entered the room I closed the door behind us.

"Go ahead, explain." Jax said simply as he stood in the middle of the bedroom.

"When I was younger, I never wanted a mate, but as I got older the idea warmed up to me. When I was 17, a neighbouring pack visited and I had found my mate. She was in love with another guy---"

"Wait, she?" Jax asked, surprised.
I nodded before continuing.

"Yeah, she rejected me and begged me.to return the rejection. It killed me but I did it. My father called the Council and they had said that since I am an Alpha, I get a second chance for a mate. I was given until I was 23. After a few years, I had fallen for you. When we mated and I marked you, that binded our souls, made our hearts beat in sync, and we complete each other." I explained and sat on the bed.

"How come you didn't tell me this before? You instead let me believe for months that I was your true mate and that I was the only one to ever catch your attention in a romantic way..." Jax said coldly, his eyes filled with hurt and brimmed with tears.

"You are my true ma--" I was cut off.

"No I'm not. This has now brought on a whole new fear that you could easily find someone else who you love more." Jax whispered.

"That's impossible, I love you more than anything." I said and stood up.

"Or is it because you only get two chances and they are both used up?" He asked quietly.

"Why are you making such a big deal over this?" I yelled, finally snapping.

Jax looked surprised at my outburst, his eyes filled with rage and hurt quickly.

"Are you being serious right now?" He asked and I stayed silent.

"You kept something this big from me, told me that I was your true mate, and now I find out that it's wrong. I started to feel bad about being selfish and causing a big deal about this, then you yelled at me.
I have 5 words for you, Screw you, Alpha; I'm done." Jax spat at me. My wolf did not take kindly to the disrespect he was receiving.