I like you

4 years later

___________________

_Jayce_

Four years have passed since I learned that I have a second chance at a mate of my choice. I am now 21 and looking everywhere for the perfect guy.

"Wassup dude!" Lottie shoited as she walked into the door with her mate right behind her.

She met her mate, Scott, two weeks after her 17th birthday.

I have already told him- no wait, promised him thay if he hurts her, I will kill him.

She is practically my sister, and I protect her like she is.

"Nothin much. How was shopping?" I asked Scott with a smirk.

"I swear she was trying to kill me!" He shouted.

"How?!" Lottie screeched.

"I love you and you know that, but I do not love going to 10 different stores and holding piles of clothes." Scott whined,

"Telling her was a mistake." I told him as Lottie got mad.

"You know what? I am going to deal with you later." Lottie told Scott, causing his face to drain of color.

"Anyway, I have something to tell you. My friend Katie--" I cut her off.

"Short Katie or Blonde Katie?" I asked.

"Short Katie. Anyway, she has a friend who's brother is 20 and in the police academy training to be an officer. He bats for the same team you do." She said the last part in a sing song voice as she made thrusting motions with her hips.

"Are you playing match maker again? Last time it didn't go well for Eric." I pointed out.

"How was I supposed to know she was Lesbian!" Lottie yelled.

"You set Eric up with a Lesbian?" Scott asked trying not to laugh.

Our friend Eric is human and he was looking for a date. Lottie took it in her hands to get him a girl. They met up at Applebee's only to find out that she was gay. Lets just say that Eric didn't talk to Lottie for a while.

"This time its different!" She yelled cutting me off as I was in the middle of telling Scott what happened.

"How?" I asked.

"Because I actually talked to him and I got all the facts down." Lottie said using extreme hand gestures.

"What if I don't want to meet him?" I asked.

"You don't have a choice. We are all going out bowling tonight. Katie, her friend Devin and his brother a.k.a your future mate, Scott, you, Eric and I are all going."

"How come I never have a choice?" I whined.

"Because I don't let you have one." Lottie stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Scott busted out laughing.

"Go get cleaned up, both.of you. I am going to pick you out an outift Jayce." she told us.

"I am already dressed." I said.

"Really? You are not wearing your dirty ripped up work pants." Loytie stated before shooing Scott you go get ready ad she grabbed me and pupped me upstairs.

I'm wearing my work pants. I am a mechanic so my pants are covered in motor oil and grease.

Lottie rummaged through my closet before pulling out a black t shirt and a pair of blue jeans.

"Go put these on then meet us by you car." she instructed.

"Riding in style!" Scott yelled from my doorway.

I chuckled before quickly going into my bathroom and changing. I walked into my room and pulled on my Nikes.

I walked downstairs and outside to see Scott and Lottie standing by my 1962 Chevy Impala.

"Lets go, just don't spill anything." I saod refering to the water in Lottie's hand.

"You car about your car to much." she mumbled, climbing in.

"It's a classic car, it needs to be taken care of well." I said sternly.

I climbed into the drivers seat with Lottie in the front seat and Scott in the back.

I started up my car, sighing as I heard the lovely pur of the engine.

30 minutes later, we arrived at the bowling alley.

"So Katie texted me saying that they are on lanes 6 and 7." Lottie said as she slid her Galaxy S5 into her back pocket. We got our shoes and paued before going over to our group.

"You guys already know Katie but this is Devin and his little brother Jax." Lottie started.

"This is Jayce and Scott, our other driend Eric should be here shortly."

I went and sat down and waited for Eric while Devin was putting our names in.

"How's it going?" a voice asked from beside me. I turned to see Jax.

"Good, I didn't really have a choice to cone her though." I said with a chuckle.

"Neither did I, Devin practically drug me out of the house." Jax replied laughing.

We sat there and talked for a frw minutes before Eric showed up.

When we were done bowling, Jax and I gave each ither our phone numbers.

We walked outside and I waved goodbye to Eric before going to my car and waiting for Lottie and Scott.

"This is your car?" Jax asked in shock.

"Yeah, she's my baby." I said with a chuckle.

"62 Impala right?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm really into classic Chevy's." I replied as Scott and Lottie walked out hand in hand.

"Same, but I also like the 1970 Ford Mustang, it's a beautiful car." Jax said as he started to backup to leave.

"I guess I'll see you later." he said awkwardly as Lottie and Scott came over.

"Yeah, bye Jax."

"Bye Jayce."

I hopped in the drivers seat and waited for the couple to get in.

"So I see that you and Jax hit it off." Lottie said wiggling her eyebrows.

"Yeah, this time you didn't screw up." I said with a chuckle and started driving home.

________________________________

School starts tomorrow for me... ugh.

I'm only excited for like half of my teachers. They still dont have a Spanish 1 teacher, the one they are looking at still has to take another class.

9/1/14