Epilogue

Third Person

Sam let out a shaky breathe and clutched the papers she was holding even tighter. Sucked in another deep breathe before walking out to her parents.

"Can I talk to you guys for a minute?" She asked nervously, both Jayce and Jax looked away from their conversation with Aiden and Iain.

"Of course sweetheart." Jax answered, obviously concerned by how nervous Sam was.

She led them to the kitchen table, no one else was around so they all took a seat.

Without hesitating a second longer, Sam took the papers and extended them towards her parents.

Jayce looked at her curiously before taking the papers.

It was silent for a few minutes as both her Dad ad her Papa read over the paperwork. Her heart rate accelerated as time dragged on.

"You want to join the military?" Jayce asked quielty, looking up to meet his eldest daughters eyes. After him and Jax got married, they adopted 3 more children, two girls (Annabeth and Lilly) and a little boy (Jordan).

"I feel like this is the right thing for me, I want to help people." Sam said hopefully.

"Have you discussed this with a recruiter yet?" Jayce asked.

"Yeah, he said that if I did enlist, it would take a couple months before I shipped out to Basic. He said that with my ambition to help people this was a good choice for me. Especially with all the weapons training I've gotten from you guys." Sam explained, hoping this was helping to get the enlistment forms signed.

She was only 17, she needed her parents to sign off on this.

Her parents were quiet for awhile.

"I'm not sure. This could be incredibly difficult and dangerous." Jax spoke up.

"This is what I want for my future." This struck a nerve with the young girl.

"This is a big decision and I want to make sure you are thinking this through. This isn't a situation where it can easily be back Tracked if you end up regretting this." Jax explained, exasperated.

"Once I turn 18, I don't need your signature. I feel as this is my purpose, if you don't sign, I just have to wait 5 more months." Sam shot back, not realizing how riled up her dad's denial was getting her.

Jax sighed and Jayce rubbed his back soothingly.

"If this is what you really want to do, then I will sign. I just don't want anything to happen to my little girl." Jax whispered the end, his eyes glistening with tears.

"I promise, I will be okay." Sam said with a watery eyed smile.

"My baby is all grown up." Jayce said with a proud smile but you could see him tearing up.

Both men signed the papers as did Sam.

They knew she was capable of this, they just didn't want anything to hurt their baby.

_Jayce_

I quickly put my signature on the line before handing my husband the pen.

I stood before walking over to wrap my little Sammy in a tight hug.

"I love you so much sweetheart." I whispered into her hair.

Jax came up and joined the hug from behind.

"Daddy? Papa?" A sleepy little voice called, breaking up the tearful hug.

"What up Danny?" I asked, picking little 4 year old Jordan up, calling him the nickname Lilly gave him.