Banishment

_Jax_

I smiled giddely as I drove home from work. Today was the day that Jayce would return home from being gone for a week.

He thought that the meeting might end a few days early but that turned out to be false, it actually went over schedule by a day.

As I pulled into the driveway, I quickly hopped out of my car and speed walked inside.

"Is he home yet?" I asked impatiently.

"Not yet, his flight---" Cole was cut off by my phone ringing.

When I saw that it was Jayce, I quickly answered it.

"Hello." I said happily.

"Hey babe, I have some bad news. My flight was delayed for a while due to some bad storms." He spoke sadly.

My face fell, the happiness and giddynes all left my body quickly.

"Oh... how long do you think you will have to wait?" I asked, some hope still there.

"I'm not sure, they said it could be a while though."

"Okay, text me when you are boarding." I said, still sad.

"I will, I love you."

"I love you too."

"Forever and ever." He added and hung up.

"I'm gonna go change out of my uniform, are they okay down here for a few minutes?" I asked, motioning towards the twins who were playing on the floor.

"Yeah, of course." Aiden said with a smile.

As I walked up the stairs, I let out a sad sigh.

I can't believe his flight got delayed, I just wanna see him. It's been a week and I miss him alot. What adds to missing him is the mark that he placed where my neck meets my shoulder.

I sighed again as I opened the bedroom door and walked in.

"What's with the sad face baby?" A familiar voice asked. My head snapped and I ran into his open arms.

"I thought you flight was delayed." I said before placing a kiss on Jayce's lips quickly.

"It was, yesterday." He said with a smirk.

"You're an asshole sometimes." I said and smacked his arm lightly.

"Yeah, but I'm your asshole." He said and pulled me into a longer kiss.

I sighed again, this one in content.

"I'm so happy you're home." I said as I pulled away, breathless from the kiss.

"Me too, I am expecting that special time soon." Jayce said with a wink, a blush crawled it's way onto my face.

"I have to change, then we can spend some family time with the twins." I said with a smile before pulling out of his embrace.

"I love that idea." Jayce said and kissed my temple.

I grabbed some clothes and went to the bathroom.

_Jayce_
I couldn't wipe the smile off my face at seeing Jax's reaction to me being home.

He was so excited. I saw him try to calm his big smile as he went in to the bathroom, succeeding slightly.

I haven't seen the babies yet; when I arrived home, my dad had taken them to the park.

I was instructed to not leave this room after I had told my parents I wanted to surprise Jax, thus, not being able to see the twins.