Ten

Sal

I walk into the building. Alone. I keep my head down and walk to my locker. I finally open my locker and shove my bag into it. I shut it and walk into the empty classroom. I didn't care if Travis was there or not and I just walked to a corner and slid down the wall. I leaned my head against the wall and almost started to cry again. "Sal?" I opened my eyes and Travis was leaning against a desk. He got up and walked over to me. He sat down crisscross and looked at me. "Sal?.. You look horrible." I curse under my breath. "Really?!" He slightly winced when I yelled. I started to tear up in my eye again. It shocked me when Travis moved to hug me. I started to cry into his chest. He rubs my back and gently rocks us back and forth. Like a mother.. I hug him tight and sob. "I-Im sorry.. It's just that.." He moved to lift my chin to look me in the eyes. "Sal, I'll listen when you're ready. When you're comfortable to talk about it." I sigh shakily. "I am.." He sighs and nods. "Larry.. He dropped me.. Because Ash.. She kissed me! And blamed it that I kissed her! It's fucking bullshit!!" I lean my head back against the wall. Travis moves to sit next to me instead of across from me. "That's fucking stupid Sal. You're the nicest person anyone probably knows. You would never steal someone's crush." I forgot I told Travis Larry liked Ash. It didn't matter now. "Thanks Travis.. But.. I lost all my friends.. What do I do.." Travis gently put his finger under my chin and moved my head to look him in the eyes. "You move on. Those fuckers will realize what they did and who they lost. Besides, you have me. Larry's smart, he'll realize what he did wrong." He hugs me tight again. I start to cry. Again. He starts to play with my hair since I didn't feel motivated to do anything with it. He was very gentle about it. It was nice.. I started to doze off.

Travis

I was gently playing with Sal's hair and I didn't realize he fell asleep until he started snoring softly. I giggle and move him so he'd lay on my lap. I silently and gently make a braid in his hair. I had an extra hair band from mother since I put her hair in a bun earlier this morning. I gently wrap it around his hair keeping the braid in place. I smile and lean back against the wall.

It's been at least 2 hours maybe. I was just sitting there thinking about stuff when Sal started moving. I look down at him and his eyes slowly opened. I chuckled. "Morning sleeping beauty." Sal sits up and stretches. "How long was I asleep?" I giggle. "About two hours?" Sal's eyes widened. "TWO HOURS?!" I nod. "Yeah." He sighs. "I probably didn't miss anything anyways." He chuckles and I do too.