Sixteen

Sal

Ever since me and Travis had that short moment in the bathroom we've been pretty much inseparable. "You two act like a couple I swear to god!" Todd rolled his eyes at us since he has math with us. Travis quickly shook his head. "I'm straight." Todd rolled his eyes. "Whatever you say.. Enemies to lovers." Todd grumbles and turns around because the teacher walked in. I sigh and grab a pencil for class.

I walk into my last class of the day which is history. God I hate history. I have it with Ash.. Too. I grumble and walk in the class. I sit down in my usual seat in the back and I glare at Ash when she walked in. She usually sits in the front. Which she did. I reach down to my bag and grab my notebook. I felt like doodling, so that's exactly what I did.

Travis

I knew I was going to get a beating while I was walking home because I was starting to fall behind on my grades. I really need Sal to tutor me sometime. I take a deep breath and walk inside. Father wasn't in the livingroom or kitchen, huh? I shrug and take my shoes off. I then walk upstairs and shut my door behind me when I walked in. I gently sat my bag on my desk and walked over to my bed. I pulled my phone out from under my mattress and texted Sal.

T: Hey Sal!
S:Oh, hey trav!
S:U remember about Neil's party this weekend right?
T:Yeah, I'll try to go.
S:Well, if u do, I'll be there. Usually, I'll be with Phillip or Neil and Todd. See ya tomorrow? I'm pretty hungry right now.
T:Yeah. See ya tomorrow Sal.. Oh! Can you tutor me sometime? I'm falling behind on my classes.
S:Sure Travis. Bye.

I smile and turn my phone off and shoved it under my mattress again. Then I heard the door open and mother and father were yelling. My mood quickly changes and I just froze. Then I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Then my door swung open. "You're falling behind on pretty much, ALL your classes?! God Travis!! How useless are you?!!" I stared into his eyes. "I'm.. I'm sorry sir! My friend is going to help me get better grades and-" He quickly slapped me across the face. "My reputation is very important!! Quit making me look bad you mistake!!!" He then turned to mother outside the doorway. "Go make dinner." She quickly nods and walked away. Father then grabbed my door handle and slammed the door shut. I sigh and let the tears that I held back fall.

"Travis honey!! Dinner is ready!!" I sigh and get up from bed. I'm not that hungry but I'll eat anyways.. My mom's cooking is always good.