Chapter 2

I woke with a small moan, the light slanting across my eyes. I gave a quiet snort, rolling onto my other side and pulled the covers over my head in an attempt to block out the sun.

My attempts were futile, however, and I threw my covers off, stifling a yawn as I shuffled my way towards the door. I yelled as my forearms hit my carpet and I groaned, looking over my shoulder to see an awake Killian looking around wildly.

"Thanks for waking me up." I called to her dully, the adrenaline leaving my system once I finally pulled my legs back to my body.

"What? What happened? What was that thump? Are they here? Was I caught?" she spouted out questions, her grey eyes landing on me before breaking into a forced grin.

Her eyes told a different story, but I wasn't going to question her.

"Hey uh, why are you on the floor, Lu?" she asked me innocently, standing up and tossing her blanket and pillows onto my bed.

"Stop calling me Lu." I snapped, rolling my eyes. "Cause I tripped over a certain girl on the floor named Killian." I quipped, starting to get up.

Killian shot me an apologetic look before her eyes flicked to the door. "Hey, Lu, I think someone's at the door." she called.

I gave a small nod opened the door, ignoring her nickname for me, giving my mother a small smile. "Hi mom. Good morning,"

"Lucy, I need to speak to you." she said, turning on her heel and walking to the kitchen. I trailed behind her, giving Killian a warning look not to follow us.

As my mother turned, I gave her a nervous smile, putting my hands behind my back. "So? May I go and travel? I mean, Killian can travel with me!"

"Lucy, I don't know," she dug around in her pocket for a few moments before retrieving a small, leaf shaped charm threaded onto a thin, silver chain. "You can go. As long as you wear this on your wrist, at all times." she told me, placing the bracelet into my palm.

"What is it?" I asked her, putting it on.

"It's just a bracelet, dear. From your grandmother."

"I see." I said quietly, giving her a quick hug before jogging back to my room.

"Killian? We'll be leaving in a matter of a few minutes or so!" I peaked my head through the doorway and furrowed my brow. Where'd she go?

"In here!" I heard her muffled shout, a few bangs, and a few more curse words. "What's this?" she asked, holding out a medium sized box with a glass sheet over the top. Red velvet was in the box, along with leaves, which were now crumbling, at the bottom of the box.

"That's um, my leaf collection. I stopped collecting them a while ago." I admit to her, a blush of embarrassment starting onto my face.

"Aw, that cute!" she smiled, setting down the box gently onto the floor. "Anyways, I've heard we're taking our leave?"

"Yeah. let me pack a few things. As in, clothes, my blanket, toothbrush, and other things." I said, quickly throwing some items into my arms. "What were you doing in my closet by the way?" I asked her, frowning.

"Nothing, nothing, nothing." Killian waved her hand at me, like I was some fly and grinned. "What's our use of transportation?" she asked me as I scurried around my room, shoving my items in a backpack.

"An RV. Newest model. Saved up all my money since I was 10 for that dang thing." I told her, zipping up my backpack and putting it on.

Killians' eyes widened and grinned. "So it has like, four rooms or something?" she whispered, grabbing onto my hand and tugging me down the hall and into the living room.