Chapter 19

I stared outside the window, shocked at the normal scene outside. Granted, since Rose Central was 'Party City', I expected it to be full of raving, drunk, loud people, but I guess it wouldn't happen mid-day though, would it?

People hurried on the sideways, clothed in suits and school wear, politely apologizing to those who they bumped into and carried on to their destinations. Buildings rose high into the sky, and many plazas, malls, and clubs resided in the city.

"So..are we taking a break here? It's gonna get wild at night. You sure you guys up for it?" Killian asked us mockingly. "You're gonna have to dress like them, you know,"

I waved her off, trying to take in the large city. "Yeah, I'll be fine. Just stay nearby me, alright?"

"So, doll, are we gonna go explore the city before it becomes mad with drunks and neon lights?"

I turned around to see Julian standing there, obviously bored with the scenery already.

"Possibly, I don't know. We'd have to break off into groups, but it'd be an odd number.."

"Nah, don't worry, I'll go with you, and Killi can have both the boys." Julian said coolly, giving me a smile.

Killian, who seemed to forget yesterday's incident between them and nodded, a small smile on her face. "Yeah, Lu, I'll get Tal and Dusty all to myself," she teased, winking at Dustin.

"Haha, very funny." I looked up at Talon and Dustin who were standing there, sending them a pleading look, but they avoided my eyes. I crossed my arms, looking to Julian, obviously disinterested but he didn't seem to catch it.

"Alright I'll lead the way," he said proudly, grabbing my hand and tugging me out of the RV, leaving my friends behind.

Stumbling, I tried to remove my hand from his grip. "Julian, do you think we can slow down? We have all day.."

"It's midday, doll. Time flies when you're having fun," he teased, sending a wink my way.

I glanced down at our intertwined hands, wanting nothing more to get my hand out of his grip.

My eyes wandered the tall, skyscraper builds, malls, and food stands, pushing our way past people. I sighed, and muttered sorry each time someone sent a glare our way. I squinted as we entered a building, a sigh of relief left my mouth when I felt a brush of cool air instead of the hot air outside. "Where are we?"

Children ran around screaming, the dull monotone drone of adults talking, laughing, gasps of wonder and other sounds all assaulted my ears once I realized that we were in a building that, obviously, wasn't meant for this many people.

Multiple enclosures and displays littered the area with plaques telling what each was about. I raised an eyebrow at Julian. "We're in a museum?"

"Yeah. I've been hearing about this place for months since my uncle goes here often."

I just shrugged and wandered around the areas, glancing at the historic objects with little interest. I suppose I could try to look interested, if Julian is so keen on the history. My eyes landed on a document with familiarity airing from it. I bent down to look at the plaque near it, reading.

"This document is one many people know by their schools teachings. The 'Soulmate Theory', explains how soulmates are possible with altering the heart slightly with science, also declaring that every human at the age of 15 will receive a heart. It states as well how anyone over the age of 18 will be defined to have no soulmate if not found, and will be left outside the country."

My eyes widened at the last sentence, a huge cloud of fear suffocating me.I stepped back, shaking my head. They've always told us 19, it has to be wrong, someone wrote it wrong.