Chapter 11

I yawned, staring at the roof of the RV. "I'm bored."

"Aren't we all?" Talon remarked.

I sat up, almost hitting Rosa in the process, and stared at him. "Keep it up and I'm going to, to, um,"

"To what?" Talon smirked at me, raising an eyebrow.

"Do something." I muttered, going back to playing with Rosa's hair.

"Oh I'm so scared."

"Hey, at least driving was kind of okay. Besides, I thought you knew a shortcut!"

"Apparently, I was wrong. It was cut off by a tree, okay? Not my fault." he snapped, pouting. "Besides, we'll be there in a few hours anyways."

I was about to retort something about losing time, but I held back, remembering Killian's speech about me racing around. I'd have to change that, slowly, at least.

I rolled my eyes and removed my hand from Rosa's hair, since she was now drifting off to sleep. "I'm going to prank you I swear." I whispered to myself, glaring at Talon.

"Hey, Lucy, where'd you get that bracelet from?"

"This one?" I asked, though it was a pretty stupid question. Obviously that one. I lifted up my arm for him to see better. "I've had it since I left my mom's house." I explained.

He stared at it, standing up and walked over to me, grabbing my wrist. "Has anything happened with it?" he asked me quietly, examining it.

I yanked my wrist away, hiding the bracelet behind my other hand protectively. "Listen, Tal, I don't understand why you're so interested in this bracelet all the sudden, but don't get any ideas." I warned.

He stared at me, tilting his head. "Did you say Tal?"

"Yeah, so what?" I asked, heat burning in my cheeks. I'd said it before. Had he not heard me earlier?

"Nevermind, can I see it again? I promise I won't do anything to it." he told me, and I hesitantly revealed my wrist again for him to see it.

"I'm not taking it off. If I find it gone, I swear you'll be getting a box of spiders dumped on you." I bluffed, puffing out my cheeks in annoyance as he ignored my threats.

"I won't take it." he stated and released my wrist from his grip.

I gave an awkward nod and stepped back, looking around.

"I'm going to go take a nap. Tell someone to wake me up when we get there." he said calmly, leaving the room.

My eyes found themselves back to Rosa and I gave a small sigh, staring at her. I'll certainly miss her, that's for sure.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I let out another yawn as I knocked loudly on Talon's door. Me and Killian had switched places a while ago, and she took care of Rosa while I drove. "Let's go," I called out, leaving the hallway as I heard the door open.

"Lucy! Are we here? Is this Orrienshire? It's so loud." Rosa told me, covering her ears for emphasis on the fact.

It was, in fact, really loud. Music played from buildings, I could hear it through the RV. "Sadly, yes. It's commonly known as Party City Jr." I explained, taking hold on Rosa's hand as I led her outside, where Killian and Dustin were waiting.