Chapter 13

My eyes flicked nervously on the halls, hearing footsteps I pushed back into the shadows, begging that it was Talon.

"Lucy? It's time to go, but," he paused, hearing him take a shaky breath I leaned forwards, landing onto the cold floor and stepped forwards toward him.

"What?" I asked, though when he looked at me, I knew what had happened, and my heart dropped to my stomach. "No, no no, they didn't get caught, they couldn't have," I whispered, clutching my hair with my hands, shutting my eyes.

"Lucy, we have to go. Halton said they were probably going to get caught. He knew the risk they were taking." Talon said, his voice wavering once he said Halton's name.

I nodded, bringing my hands from my hair and wiped my eyes, stepping out of the cell. He motioned to put my head down and I did so, my hands gripping my shirt to stop them from shaking.

We entered a main room, even though there were people here, they never even spared us a glance. They continued laughing and chatting like nothing was wrong. Did they not care about Halton and Jessica?

I gripped my shirt tighter, my knuckles going white from the strain on them. I bumped into Talon, who stopped, and I peeked over his shoulder. I let out a choked cry, slapping my hands over my mouth and ducked behind Talon's back, hoping I wasn't seen.

I took my chance and peaked over his shoulder again, watching the three in front of us.

Halton and Jessica were being led outside, Lily walking behind them, a wild look in her eyes. She was holding a gun, and I knew what was going to happen.

My hands dropped, my forehead leaned against Talon's back as he stood there. "I-I'm sorry," I said in a hushed tone, jumping when I felt his grip on my wrist.

"It's not your fault, Lucy." he whispered, though I couldn't tell if he was just saying that to make me feel better, because I knew it was.

I just shook my head as he started moving again, my legs shaking. I heard a door open and birds chirping. We were outside. Courtyard.

"Lucy, please, do not look to your left." he begged, and his grip tightened around my wrist. His head was facing right, refusing to budge an inch. He knew, and so did I.

I nodded, though my eyes drifted to the left. I wish they hadn't.

Lily was standing behind Halton and Jessica, her back facing us, thankfully. We continued moving, but I got caught over my own feet and tripped, pushing into Talon when she put the barrel of the gun to Jessica's head.

Why wasn't she crying? She wasn't begging for her life, either. Was she really this brave?

Talon growled and yanked me forwards, trying to pass this horrific scene, though it was too late. He knew I was looking, he didn't want me to see.

I let out another cry as I widened my eyes. The gunshot rang through the sky, Jessica's body slumped to the ground as blood pooled around her head. Lily let out a part cry, part laugh as she stepped over the body and watched Halton squirm in rage.

Talon shuttered and continued pulling us past the courtyard, into the room. It was another cell block.

I heard another gunshot as he shut the door, his face stony. "T-Talon?" I whispered, and I got no response.

"Move." he commanded, and I nodded, trying to pull my wrist out of his iron grip. "Don't." he said, slightly softer now, his voice breaking.

I continued to walk silently, the scene replaying in my head, legs shaking. My free hand gripped my shirt, and I was afraid it was going to tear.

"Almost there, I promise." he said quietly, and we walked faster, starting into a run once we exited the station.

We passed the masses of crowds who looked at us in confusion, though not once were we stopped to ask what was wrong. People probably assumed it was party drama. I couldn't blame them. He was dragging me along as I was about to burst into tears, tripping over my feet.

Talon continued ahead of me, leading onto a trail that held the RV and the two others, and they waved nervously. As we stopped at the RV, I fell to the ground and let out a sob, my hands finding themselves into my hair as I pulled at it.

I heard another cry, more of surprise, and footsteps. "Leave me alone it's all my fault, it's all my fault!" I screamed at whoever was nearing me, keeping my burning eyes shut.

"Leave me the fuck alone!" I screamed, hearing them retreat. I continued to sob, curled in a ball, refusing to open my eyes, no matter how many prods and pushes from Killian and the others I got.

"Lu, Lucy, Lucy, please, what happened?" Killian whispered, taking my hands once I stopped screaming at everyone to leave me alone.

I shook my head and opened my mouth, the only thing coming out was a strangled sob. I raised my eyes, blinking at the change of scenery. Killian was kneeling beside me, the others standing behind her in fear and worry. I dropped my eyes, shaking my head again. I can't look Talon in the eyes now.

Killian turned around now to Dustin and Talon, standing up. "What happened?" she snapped at the brown haired male, and he jerked back.

"Don't yell at him." I whispered, sitting up weakly.

She looked at me in surprise, as did Talon and Dustin. "What?"

"They're gone." I whispered, dropping my head, staring at my wrist. I scratched at it, almost as if to get rid of the flesh that had held the bracelet that started this all.

Killian kneeled in front of me, staring in confusion. "Who's gone?" she asked, confused.

"They're gone," Dustin echoed, turning to Talon. "Did you see anything?" he asked him quietly.

I looked up as Talon shook his head no. "I didn't. I refused to look. They're gone." he said softly, his voice cracking with pain. "They're god damn gone, Dustin."

I clutched my knees tighter as Dustin fell into a hug with Talon, trying not to cry. How were they not a mess? A part of me feels like this has happened before, someone close to them dying, but I couldn't be too sure.

"I-I'm going into the RV." I muttered, standing up and walking towards the RV. I hoped Killian caught on who was gone, because she was silent as well, staring at the ground. I opened the door, and I felt a hand on my shoulder, turning to see Talon.

"Lucy," he swallowed, avoiding my eyes. "It's not your fault, alright? It never was," he said, as if I believed him. "Please, believe me," he muttered, though his eyes stayed downcast, as if ashamed to be speaking to me.

He blamed me. He must be blaming me, he couldn't even look in my eyes. I bit my cheek, holding in a choked sob as I hurried onto the RV and into my room, locking the door as I broke down once again, screaming and sobbing loudly. Every once in a while I heard knocking on my door, begging me to let the trio in, to help me.

I never responded, I either sat there and sobbed, or I just stared quietly at the wall.

Why did I have to screw everything up?

A/N: Holy hella that was a sad one. Sorry. I hope you all have a grand Monday! Stay tuned for Chapter 13! What do you guys think of Lily? Killian? Lucy? Talon and Dusty?

A/N: I actually teared up writing this scene. I was also kind of shaking and my stomach was kind of upset after I finished too, I put so much emotion into this. I really hope you feel the same way as I do. I hate putting Lucy through this, but I have to.

Chapter 14 is when I continue writing normally, hella rad, right?