Chapter 15

"I have a question, before we get going with this," I paused to motion at the container holding the spider. "How have you both not broken down? I feel kind of weak now,"

Totally out of topic, especially since we're sneaking around, but I have to know.

Dustin stared at me for a moment, shaking his head sadly. "We have, kind of. In the early mornings before you were out of your room and Killian was still asleep." he confessed, scratching his head. "Talon and I would go outside into the woods and sit there. Sometimes we'd talk, sometimes we'd cry, other times we'd sit there and watch the sky for a while before we came back in. Killian knew, most likely." he explained, taking hold of the container out of my hands.

I nodded, slightly dumbfounded. Of course they would be worse then me, but they're still holding up better then me as well.

"Listen, uh, thanks a bunch for doing this with me. I don't take too kindly to darkness so," he trailed off, giving me a small grin, shooting me a thumbs up. "I just wanted to let you know that even though you have problems sleeping now, with your nightmares and such, you're a real trooper, you know? You're a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for." he leaned forwards slightly, whispering into my ear, "Don't tell Talon, but I think you're even stronger then him."

I rolled my eyes when he said that, waving him away. "Yeah yeah, stop trying to butter me up so I'll take the blame for this."

He snorted, turning away from me and headed towards our room.

We made sure Killian was out of the room, so she was sleeping in the living room. How he managed to get her out of the room without telling her anything is beyond my imagination.

He opened the door and gave me the container, holding the door open and motioned for me to enter.

I shot him an annoyed look, entering inside and took off the lid of the container, giving a squeal as it started to crawl towards my hands. I flung the container at Talon, running out of the room, hearing him swear before the door slammed shut.

Dustin was leaning against the shut door, trying to stifle his laugh as Talon started to scream and swear, and I got a small smile at hearing him curse and screech like a young child.

Dustin let out a cry as the door shook for a moment, and I laughed. "Probably Talon wanting out. Let him out, Dusty," I complained, and he gave a pout, opening the door without any arguing.

Talon launched himself out of the room, panting, his back to the wall as he stared in the room as if daring the large spider come outside. "W-why did it get in? H-how?" he whined, sliding down to the floor.

I stared at him in pity for a moment, glancing up at Dustin. "Uh, hey, are you okay?" I asked hesitantly, kneeling down to his height.

Talon turned towards me and narrowed his eyes, pointing a finger in my direction. "You did this, didn't you?" he snapped, his fear disappearing and rage taking it's place on his face. "I was having a great dream, and then I felt something, and, and," he stopped and froze, looking down to see the spider on his foot. He gave a scream and kicked his foot, kicking me on the floor and sending the spider flying out into the living room.

"Talon! You're going to wake Killi--" I froze as I remembered Killian was out in the living room. "Dusty, get the damn spider!" I snapped, watching him pass by us as I lifted myself off the floor. "Thanks for giving me a bruise,"

"Guys, what's all the shouting and screaming about? I found this spider, it's kind of cute, actually," Killian cooed, holding out the large spider that was now on her hand.

Talon stared at the spider in shock, his face going pale as he scrambled away from it. "P-put it outside! Kill it! Do something with it that isn't around me!"