Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I stared at the wall, my hands gripping my shirt. How long have I been in here? More than a few days, I think. Who knows.

"Lucy? Please, will you let me in now? I need to talk to you,"

I hear Talon's voice through the wooden door, and I make no effort to move or respond to his pleading.

"Lu, let us in. I'm sick of sleeping in a different room. We haven't seen you in over a week." Killian now joins in on the pleading, and my heart wrenches at the desperation in their voices.

I can't let them in. I'll break down again.

"Luce, please,"

I raise an eyebrow and turn my head towards the door in surprise, hearing another slip-up from Talon's voice, but he makes no effort to deny what he said.

"Fine, if you won't come out, we're going to sit here." Killian shouted through the door, and I heard the thump of her sitting down in the hall, along with Talon's defeated sigh.

"Guys, leave her alone. She needs time," Dustin voice pleads with the two, trying to get them to leave.

"I won't leave her alone, she hasn't come out in over a week, Dusty." Killian replied, and I could almost see her pouting at him, crossing her arms.

A small smile cracked over my usual frown, and I let out a quiet laugh, but I silenced it as I heard them go silent as well.

"Did she just laugh?" Talon whispered, as if I couldn't hear it through the door.

"She did, I heard it." Killian confirmed to Talon confidently.

"No way, I mean, that's great, but," Talon sputtered out.

"Oh, shut up. You can leave if you want, I'm staying here. You too, Dusty." Killian said defiantly.

I let out a small sigh of relief as I hear footsteps disappear, guessing it was Dustin.

"Luce, can you please, let Killian in or something. It doesn't have to be me," Talon started to plead again, his voice louder, so I was guessing he was right against the door.

I let a hand fling against the door, creating a loud thud. "Leave me alone," I spoke, my voice hoarse from not being used.

"Lucy, please," Talon begged.

"Fine! You can come in, but only one of you." I snap, leaning my head back. I didn't want to talk about it, especially not to Talon. "Decide who's coming in, then talk to me again."

I shut my eyes, hearing them bicker for a bit, before I received my answer.

"Talon's coming in, though only reason is because he has a better reason, I guess." Killian complained.

I got up from my spot, unlocking the door and it swung open. I stepped back, rubbing my eyes from the incoming light from the hallway. "Shut the door on your way in." I said, turning my back to the two.

"Lu," Killian's voice wavered, and I knew she wanted to come into the room, but I only wanted one person at a time. "Why can't it be both of us." she whined.

"Shut the door." I snapped, my heart wrenching as the door shut, leaving Killian standing in the hallway.

"Lucy," Talon started, but I put up my hand, refusing to look at him.

"I get it, I'm a horrible person, I really am. I killed Halton and Jessica, my own mother killed them," I whispered, grabbing my shirt tightly. "I shouldn't have accepted the bracelet, she's probably going to come after us again, I've put us all to death," I stopped before a sob took after my voice, and I pressed my palms to my eyes, trying to stop the tears from freely flowing again. "You blame me, don't you? I have nightmares about the scene-"