Chapter 5

"Are we almost there yet?" Killian whined, throwing her head back.

"No, Killian, obviously not, if I'm not stopping the RV." I told her, gripping the wheel.

"Gosh, don't got to be so rude about it." she complained, turning away to watch the fog pass by us. "Fog is so boring." she whined, getting up from the seat.

"Would you rather have demons and ghosts and monsters chase us?"

"Hell no. Maybe it could be sunny, or something." she said, stretching.

"Whatever, Killi." I hissed, eyes widening as I realized I had cut off her name too early. Well, shit.

"Killi? What was that? Was that a nickname I hear, Lu?" she taunted.

"Killian. I said Killian. You missed the -an part." I said quickly.

"You said Killi!" she said happily, launching herself at me as I veered slightly off the road.

"Killi, yes, that's your nickname, now get off of me before we crash." I said harshly, turning back onto the road.

"Thank you Lu! Now it's like we're really good friends!" she said, leaving me alone as she bounced off to do who knows what.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I heaved a sigh, parking the RV in a hotel parking lot, putting the keys in my pocket and turning to find Killian. "Killi, are you okay with staying at—" I hissed as I came face first to plastic wrap. "What the everloving buck!" I shouted, clawing at my face.

"Oh my god, yes! You are a little oblivious, you know that?" she said in between her laughing.

"Shut up."

"By the way, I didn't know there was a hotel called What the everloving buck here." she joked.

"God, I may be oblivious and naive, but you have the attention span, and mindset, of a small toddler."

"Hey! Rude! Anyways, yes I would be fine staying at a hotel." she said, waving her hands as she walked past me. "Lets go get our room."

I nodded, keeping an eye out for another plastic wrap trap, following her.

"Ah, it's cold, I'm not good with cold!" I heard Killian whine.

"Get a move on, then." I snapped, walking past her and into the warm hotel lobby.

"Wow.." I whispered, and Killian just nodded.

The floor was covered with ceramic tiles, with bits of metal embedded in them, giving off a shine every time light passed over the tiles. The walls were a crystal blue, and white couches littered the lobby. In front of us, a large front desk sat, a lady with red hair typing away on her computer.

She noticed us and gave us a wave, motioning us to come closer. "Hello, welcome to Prism Hotel, what can we do for you two ladies?" she said sweetly.

"Uh, we'd like a room for two, please." I asked her nicely, giving her the money for the room. "Just one night." I added.

"Alright, your room number is 340, it's on the third floor, here's your key." she explained cheerfully, fixing her glasses before handing me the key.

"Thank you!" I called out to her, dragging Killian away from the front desk. It was a quite grand hotel, if I have to admit.

At least there's an elevator. I pressed the button and waited patiently, while Killian stood behind me and snorted. "It's almost here." I scolded her. She's like a small child, great.