Chapter 4

I stared at her, my eyes drifting back to the door. "Killian, go back to the RV. We need to get food." I told her, opening the door to the shop, hearing a little bell ring overhead.

"Lucy! How's Lily?" I heard a jolly man ask me, and my eyes turned a older, chubbier man with a balding head.

"Good, Phil. Where's my favorite little boy, Frank?" I asked him, looking around the shop. People were looking at us, but I didn't really mind, let them stare. I haven't seen Phil and Frank in years.

I let out a small laugh as I saw that familiar fluffy, blond hair peak out from behind the desk. "Hey, buddy. I haven't seen you in years!" I called to him.

"Lucy! I missed you!" Frank said, running towards me and hugging my torso.

"How old are you now, Franky? You're, what, 11?" I teased him, ruffling his hair.

"I'm 13, Lucy! I told you that! Soon I'll be getting my heart!" he spoke proudly, puffing out his chest when he stepped back from my hand.

"I'm sure you'll find a very pretty girl, Franky. I better get to shopping." I remarked, picking up a small basket and walking up and down the isles.

My eyes scanned over the foods as I tossed the items we needed, along with some things I just wanted, in the basket. Humming cheerfully to myself, I raised my eyes to see a man in a police suit walk towards me, and I stiffened. He wasn't one of the Soul Reapers, however, but why was one of the Soul Squadron's men stationed here in this shop?

"Excuse me, miss, have you seen this girl?" I heard him ask me, my eyes drifted from his face to the flyer he held in his hand. I took in a too deep breath and started to cough, clutching the flyer to my chest as I tried to regain my breath.

"Are you okay?" the man asked worriedly, reaching his hand out to touch my shoulder, but I jerked away and read the poster. Then I read it again. Then again. Please, be fake. Some practical joke, or something. A misprint of the name. Please.

Wanted: Kati Scheff for breaking and entering, robbing, and other unlawful acts around the Pinebridge community. If seen, please notify an officer immediately.

I stared at the picture, and though it looked like Killian, all that had changed was her hair. In the picture, it was long and wavy, and it was quite beautiful. Now, however, it was a sloppily cut bob. I never took notice about how sloppily it was, though now I understood why it was. She had lied to me, using me to run away from the cops, and she cut her hair. Oh, she's going to get it.

I thrust the crumpled flyer back into the man's hands and shook my head, refusing to speak.

He gave me a weird look, and turned on his heel, finding the next nearest person who didn't live here to hand the flyer to.

I ignored the stares and hurried to the front, bouncing on the balls of my feet.

"Lucy, are you okay? You're looking really pale." I heard Frank remark, and I gave the boy a weary smile, taking the bags and paying for them.

"It was nice to see you again, Lucy. Stay safe on your travels. Come visit us sometime!" Phil called to me, and I gave him a quick wave, exiting the store.

As I walked to the RV, my anger grew with each step the closer I got. I opened the door, then realizing I forgot to lock the RV before we left for Marissa's, and I scowled to myself. Smooth, me.

"Lu! How was shopping!" I heard Killian say, her eyes landing on the bags of food I held in my hands. "Looks like you got a big haul." she remarked.

I step the bags down on the kitchen counter, turning to her and gave her a forced smile. Okay, Lucy, don't yell. Don't flip out. Don't do anything that would make you think you know.