Chapter 20

I stared at the mirror, squirming as I tried to pull my shorts down. "Um, Killian.."

"Shush, stop moving, or I'll really mess up your hair," she threatened, tugging for emphasis.

I bit my lip as my head yanked backwards. "Fine, fine." I lowered my eyes, ignoring the knocking at the door.

"Are you guys almost done? It seems pretty crazy out there." Talon warned, but his tone said otherwise that he was worried.

"Almost!"

I rolled my eyes at what Killian said. That was such a lie. She tugged on my hair again, as if she knew I rolled my eyes to her comment. "What kind of braid are you doing again?" I asked her, afraid of what she was doing to my hair.

"Shush, just a waterfall braid!" she cooed. "It looks amazing! Trust me!"

I closed my eyes, the shadows had turned into complete darkness. "Are you sure that we aren't too late for the party?" I asked nervously.

Killian barked out a laugh, pulling at my hair once more. "Oh my god, did you really ask that? It doesn't matter how late you are to a party!"

A blush settled on my face. "Yeah, I knew that. It's not like I was a party girl, you know." I mumbled, picking at the strands that came off my ripped shorts.

"Annd--finished!" she said, leaving my hair go, falling onto my neck. "Here." She held up a mirror to the back of my head, and my eyes widened. She asked hesitantly, "What do you think?"

"It's so amazing, Killi." I said, my hand gingerly touching the braid that ran diagonally across my head.

"Thanks. I only know how to do braids, though. Bea used to do them all the time on me when--" Killian stopped, lowering the mirror to her hip.

"When you had long hair." I finished for her quietly.

Killian shook off the sadness that was growing in the room, opening the door and pushing me out into the living room. "Go, go, go! You gotta find out who's going to take you to the party!" she said proudly.

As if that wasn't obvious enough, anyways. Either her or Talon, I was guessing.

I smiled awkwardly as all eyes followed me and Killian. I felt extremely uncomfortable as I tugged down my shorts and up my shirt. My eyes landed on Talon, and waved to him.

Talon was dressed in the same thing Dustin was, except just a different colored tank, and a black beanie. He waved back, turning his eyes away from me.

I raised my eyebrows at Julian, who was walking towards me slowly, almost like he was somewhere that didn't contain reality.

"Doll.." Julian whispered, reaching to cup my cheek.

I jerked back away from his hand, standing beside Killian. I felt her arm go around my shoulder, shaking her head.

"Julian, back off, you mutt." she snapped.

He stared at her coldly, before his eyes went back to me, softening.

I scoffed, but hid behind Killian. He could have at least tried to make it not obvious that he was mentally undressing me. I stuck my tongue out in disgust, earning a weird look from everyone.

Killian shoved Julian, hitting him against the wall before strutting out into the living room, like she owned it. I stared at her in envy, wishing I could be like that.

"Killi," I paused, watching their eyes go to me. I hurried over to her, grabbing her arm. "Be my date for the party please!" I begged, my eyes pleading with her grays ones.