Chapter Two

NATASHA POV

Everyone's eyes fell onto me. I didn't want to explain everything again, I just wanted all of this to be over.

"So what do we need to do about it?" Steve asks, his eyes not leaving mine. I weakly shrug. I hadn't dealt with anything concerning the Red Room in 10 years, and I wanted it to remain that way.

"I guess we're going to Belarus," Tony remarked, picking his glasses back up and putting them on, "launch pad in 15 minutes."

Tony, followed by everyone else, stood up and left the room, on their way to prepare to leave.

Everyone except Steve and me.

"Nat," he said, shaking me from my own mind. He walked around the table and stood by me.

"You can sit this one out if you need to, nobody will think anything of it," he said, offering his hand to me. I took it, using his strength to pull myself up.

"I can't- not this time Steve. This is one of my own, I need to be there when this all goes down and you know it," I explained. His blue eyes stared into mine, causing me to blush.

"Whatever you need Romanoff. You know you have my full support." I smiled at this. Somehow he always knew the right thing to say, no matter the situation. I looked up and laid my head against his solid chest.

"I know, thank you." I slowly pulled away and smiled, leaving the room to get ready for this much dreaded mission.

I ran back into my room, throwing some things into a duffel bag in a hurry. Shirts, pants, underwear, socks. I checked my phone for the time. Everything felt like quicksand creeping up on me, ready to pull me under. I sigh, throwing my phone into the bag and going into the bathroom.

Toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant. My reflection glared back at me from within the glass of my bathroom mirror. I stared back, my breath shaky. 10 years I had avoided my past, and all in one morning it found its way back into my present. I grip the sink so hard that my knuckles turn white. I let go, letting out a breath. I had to keep my composure. I grab my things and head out the door.

"Everyone ready?" Steve asks as he climbs onto the jet. Everyone silently nods their heads. I turn my head look back from the cockpit to see that everyone was on the plane. Once I was sure, I started the engine. It roared to life and lifted us into the air.

I tried to keep my mind as blank as possible. I focused as hard as I could to the clouds in front of me. I checked the time, seeing that it would be a few hours before we got there. I put the plane into autopilot and stepped out of the seat. I took a chair beside Clint and let out a sigh.

"I know Nat- I'm sorry," Clint said with a sigh. He understood how hard all of this was on me.

"I avoided it for so long- I guess it was bound to come up again at some point." I stared at the empty seat across from me, watching the loose buckle swing back and forth.

"You're stronger than you realize," he said looking at me. His hand rested itself firmly on my arm. I look up at lay my head on his shoulder, letting out a shaky breath.

"Thank you Clint," I say, laying all the weight of my head against him. I stayed in that exact spot for what felt like hours, nearly falling asleep. After a while I sat up and stretched out my arms with a yawn.

"Gotta go fly the plane," I laughed, standing up and going back over to the wheel. Reading the clock, I saw that we only had about 20 minutes left until we were in Belarus. I jolt of panic shot down my spine, turning my blood to ice. I shakily took my seat and tried to keep my composure.

I cautiously landed the plane in the middle of an open field of grass. The team of Avengers made their way out of the plane and onto the ground. After turning off the engine, I made my way out of the aircraft and onto the grass beside Tony.

"You think you can talk to her?" He asked me with the raise of an eyebrow.

"Honestly? I have no idea."