Chapter Five

NATASHA POV

I fell back in shock. There was no way that this was real. The girl looked back up at me with shock and concern. Wanda grabbed my hand and looked at me with worry.

"Nat?" She asked, watching as I searched for air. The girl sat up with a grimace and looked at me. Our eyes met.

"You can't be- how is this possible-" I say, not taking my eyes off the girl.

"You're dead."

Wanda takes both of my hands in hers and sits me up.

"Hey- calm down, what's going on?" She asks, letting my hands go. I shake my head. I didn't believe what I was seeing.

"Liliya?" I ask, my voice cracking with emotion. The girl sits up with and looks into my eyes.

"How do you know my name?" She asks as she grimaces again from the pain in her leg. Wanda looks at me with utter confusion across her face. I didn't know what to say or what to do. Everything around me felt as if it were collapsing in on itself. I went over to Liliya and slowly offered my hand. She watched me carefully and took it, her eyes questioning me.

"You're alive."

"Who- who are you?" she asks, pulling her hand away. My heart sinks a bit with this. Wanda pulls me up by my arm.

"Can we talk?" she asks, pulling me over to the other side of the plane with everyone else. Steve makes eye contact with me and my heart falls. I knew he wasn't going to forgive me for keeping this from him- from everyone.

"What's going on?" Steve asks, walking over to Wanda and me. Sadness fills my eyes as I prepare to explain the one thing I hoped they would never know about.

"It's- she's," I stammer, watching as Clint and Bucky walk over.

"She's my daughter."

The room went absolutely silent. All that could be heard was the light hum of the jet engine from outside. I felt my heart crash as everyone looked at me, their expressions impossible to read.

"Excuse me?" Steve said, his smile fading. It felt as if all the power I had was taken from me all in one moment. I reached out for his hand, watching with disappointment as he didn't budge.

"She- Her name is Liliya- I had her while I was in the Red Room. And for 10 years I thought she was dead," I try to explain, wanting to do nothing but run back to the other side of the plane and see her. Everyone's eyes were glued to me.

"How old is she?" Clint asks, the worry in his voice providing a small sense of comfort.

"13," I mutter as I look down at the floor. I feel a hand on my back and turn to see Wanda next to me. She pulls me into a hug that melts me into tears. I cry into her arms, forgetting everyone else in the room was watching. I hated crying in front of people.

I hated the idea of people feeling sorry for me just because I was crying. But in this moment, I didn't care.

"Go, see her," Wanda said as she lightly pulled away. After she gave me a reassuring smile, I walked back to the other side. I could hear my heart beating inside my chest. I rounded the corner to see her laying back on the ground, her eyes tightly shut in pain. I instantly fell to the floor beside her.

"What is it? Is it your leg?" I asked, feeling her for blood. She quickly nodded her head, her hands gripping the grate of the floor. I looked around the area for anything that could help. My eye was caught by a first-aid kit hanging on the far wall. I felt a wave of relief as I quickly stood, looking down at her.

I could feel my heart break watching her in pain.

I ran across the room and grabbed the kit from the wall. I fell back to the floor, hastily tearing the box open and rummaging for something, anything. I fumbled across a syringe of pain medication and yanked off the cap.

"Hold still," I order as I quickly jammed the needle into her leg. She let out a light groan of pain as I pushed the medicine into her body. I slowly removed the needle and tossed it across the room, turning my head to face her. I watched as tension escaped from her body, allowing her to relax her muscles and lay there, out of breath.

"Are you ok Lil?" I ask, stroking her hair without thinking. She opened her bright green eyes at looked at me. I could see emotion fill her eyes as she let out a shaky breath.

"Mama?"