Spirits

***Alice's POV***

The memory ends. I feel like I am walking in someone else's shoes. An arm wraps sound my shoulders. My first instinct is to pull away but then I hear his voice.

"It's me Alice." Felix whispers in my ear.

Felix. My best friend. He is practically my brother.

I turn to face him, noticing the scar that runs over his left eye. His brown eyes look watery. He doesn't say anything, just stares. I have missed him so much. Missed our talks, his advice when things got hard and his sense of humor. Felix always knows what to say.

"What's wrong?" I ask. Felix never gets like this. He is always smirking and is never down.

"Nothing." He says quickly. It's an obvious lie, but I let it pass.

There is only one reason he would be sad.

A memory.

***Peter's POV***

The night passes by and before I know it the sun is peaking through the trees. I step out of the tent and into the morning air. The boys are already gathered in clumps eating their makeshift breakfast.

"Get to your posts boys!" I call. They all scatter within minutes.

I walk back into my tent and sit down at my desk. Papers litter the surface, I can't even see wood. I tug open one of my drawers. It makes a high pitched squeal but gives.

First I see the map. Alice and I drew it when we were about ten. It marked our favorite places on Neverland. It also marked the best hiding spots. I run my fingers over the old piece of parchment. Before Alice left she wouldn't leave the tent without this. I set the map down and peer back into the drawer.

Next is a spy glass. Alice gave it to me a year before she left. She used her magic the enchant it so I would always be able to find what I was searching for. The cool metal makes me want to cry. She gave this to me, she trusted me and I let her down. I gave in.

A golden glint catches my eye. I reach into the back of the drawer. My hand clasps over a small metal chain. I bring the necklace out. A tear slips down the side of my face. I shove the everything I got from the drawer back in and lock it.

Why? Why did I have to be such an idiot?

***Alice's POV***

Felix left awhile ago. He said he would be here if I ever needed him. I sit there on the ledge and watch the sun rise over the turquoise water.

I stand and walk into the jungle. My mind shuts off and I let my feet guide me. The wind russles my hair. But I recognize the wind. I stop dead. Before me materializes a woman. She wears a sliver flowing dress her blonde hair tied into a braid.

"Mom." I breath. She smiles and I throw my arms around her. "Oh I have missed you so much. How are the spirits? Oh the most terrible things are happening." I ramble.

"Oh my child everyone is well. And I know things are hard but trust me there will be a positive spin!" She smiles her toothy grin.

"Oh thank goodness."

My mom used to always visit me, especially in the time of need. She and I would have the most wonderful talks. Every day she would tell me a new story.

"I must go now my child but have a good day. And I promise I will be back soon." She embraces me then disappears. I stare at the spot where she was. Before I can stop myself I break out into sobs. My life I so difficult. Why can't things be the same?

I turn and start to camp, but I stop myself. No. I need some time to figure things out. I begin my truck to the beach. When I reach the gritty sand, I sit and lay back. My eyelids droop.

"Ah! The lady Pan is still alive." The words send chills down my spine. I try to open my eyes but it is as if there is a lock keeping them shut. My mind searches for a match to the voice, but I realize my magic has been stalled.

"Yes I am alive. And it would be in your best interest to let me go!" I snap. There is a chuckle and I feel the person crouch down next to me.

"Where's the fun in that?" He whispers in my ear, the hot breath makes me even more uncomfortable. I clench my fists and try to rock back and forth. "I would stop that." He chuckles. I don't listen and continue to rock. I get ready to make my next roll but a blinding pain stops me. It feels as though a knife is being stabbed into my side. I stop but the pain lingers.

I focus all my power and pry open my eyelids. They give and I sit straight up. In front of me is the ocean quietly lapping on the shore.

"Ah dearie, you broke the rules and you know cheaters never win!" The voice makes me jump. I turn to see the person.

All I hear is a scream, it takes me a moment to realize that it's me.

Hello my Nevers! Enjoying all the cliffhangers? Mwhahah. Well I hope this is a better chapter then the last one. So who do you think is the person? You will never figure it out. Thank you so much for all the kind comments and votes. I love you all! ~Starflower12359