Not So Happy Birthday

I am running through a jungle like area. The humid air makes it hard to breathe as I run. Several leaves drape down blocking my view.

The full moon shines above me. It's face almost seems to be smirking at me. I run fast avoiding the fear behind me.

I don't really know why I am running, I just know I have to get away. There is an evil behind me I don't know.

My foot gets caught on a branch and I stumble and fall. I flip myself around and continue running.

"Do you really think you can run from me?" Says a boy with a slight British accent. It shocks me and I run into him.

"Get away from me!" I screeched.

"Never love." He says his green eyes glinting in the moonlight.

He picks me up and drapes me over his shoulder like a little kid.

"Let me go!" I struggle to get away. I start to thrash and kick his back, but it has no effect.

"Sorry love can't do that." He then pushes off the ground high into the air. I scream.

We land a moment later in a camp. Boys surround a fire singing and dancing.

"Gather around boys. We have a runaway." The boy says mischievously. I gulp.

"Come boys, let's play!" They all turn to me giving me evil looks.

One comes running at me, sword drawn. I begin to run but soon trip.

I turn to face the boy. He smirks and raises his sword again. All the blood drains from my body. This is it I am going to die. I begin to scream.

{END OF DREAM! HAHA!}

I wake up to the sound of my own scream. Great. The perfect way to start my sixteenth birthday.

My clock reads 6:30 so I decide to get up. I hop in the shower, then continue to get ready. I wear my favorite pair of skinny jeans and a tank top. Then I apply a small touch of make up and leave for school.

Oh! Wait I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Alice Sum. I have long brown hair. Oh, and I am sixteen today, yay!

The entire day is miserable. There's the normal bullies and mean teachers assigning boat loads of homework. Ugh!

I have one friend at school. The best part is this is the one week of the year he is sick! Great. So I am left to face the horrors of high school by my self.

After school I go to Starbucks to get some coffee. Oh wait, so I have my license. I got it yesterday. Don't want anyone thinking I am illegally driving!

I drive home, hopefully it will be better than my stupid day at school.

"Alice! Get in here this instant!" My mother yells.

Oh great spoke to soon!

"Coming!" I scream back.

"Will you explain this mess?" She gestures towards my single jacket on the floor.

"Um? Yesterday I got home and left it there?"

"Pick it up NOW! We are trying to have a clean house!"

I pick up the jacket and put it in the closet. My mother turns around and walks down my hall..

Crap! It's a mess down there. I left it there just to bug her.

"Three, two, one!" I count down.

"ALICE TAYLOR SUM YOU GET YOUR BUTT DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!"

I roll my eyes and walk towards the wicked witch of the West.

"Mom it's my birthday. Can we let this slide till tomorrow?" I plead.

"Oh its my birthday mom. Our house doesn't matter. Everyone drop what you are doing and come worship me." My mom taunts mimicking my tone.

"Yeah clean this up. And just for that you can not leave this house tonight, you are grounded. Once you clean this mess I expect you in your room until I tell you to come down! Understood?"

"Yes witch." I mumble. She slaps me right across my face then walks down the hall.

Small tears begin to crawl down my cheeks. I pick up the mess and go to my room.

I flop on my bed and pull out my phone.

Me: I hate you Sam.

Sam: Now how could you ever hate me?

Me: You left me alone in school. Then made me face the wicked witch by myself.

Sam: Sorry. How long did she ground you?

Me: Just the night.

Sam: Well that's better then most days!

Me: Still hate you.

Sam: Come on. Happy birthday!

Me: It really isn't that happy.

Sam: I have a present for you tomorrow.

Me: Thanks.

Sam: Anytime.

Me: Got to go.

Sam: Bye.

I roll over and stare out my window. There are two stars out.

I walk over to my window.

"I wish to be away from my monster parents!"

Nothing happens.

"Wishing on a star is so childish." Someone taps my shoulder. I turn to see a figure with flowing yellow eyes. His hand is outstretched. I grab it and we fly.

Hey everyone thanks for reading! Yay! So how are you all doing? Good? Hopefully! So I won't be posting for awhile. Sorry. Just hang in there with me. Raise your hand if you think Peter Pan should come back on once? ✋ Well goodbye my darlings. *waves dramatically* Farewell! ~Starflower12359