Chapter 11

I get out of my car and immediately Nate and I make eye contact. All I could do was chuckle and shake my head. He used me . For what? Why? More importantly why did I allow him to . I felt so dumb . I press the lock button on my keys and head into the building .

"Y/N!" Nate calls in the distance .

"Oh is that your new girlfriend ? Nice way to downgrade Nate-y-poo." Maddie says loud enough for me to hear. I put my middle finger up in the air directing it towards the both of them.

"She's trash." Maddie says while attempting to pull on Nates arm.

"Get off me Maddie , and she's not trash. Why would you do that? We aren't together so why the fuck does it matter if she's my girlfriend? I just helped you out with a ride this morning but I see that was a mistake. You do the fucking most !"  Nate yells as he slams his car door in her face leaving her standing there shocked .

I begin putting my books into my locker as I feel a tall figure towering over me .

Without looking up I spat out  " what do you want Nate? Aren't  you busy with your girlfr—."

I stopped talking , it wasn't Nate , it was Josh from my history class. He was also on the football team and might I say he was very handsome. He had a stature similar to Nates . What can I say I have a thing for tall guys . He was light skinned with light brown, curly hair, and he always smelled of Dior cologne . (Reference above).

"Sorry Y/N , I didn't mean to bother you but I was just wondering if you had the notes from yesterday? I forgot to bring mine."

"Oh yeah I do let me just get them really quick they're just in my notebo—."

Of course I drop everything. I'm a klutz and it always shows at the worst possible time .

"Shit I'm sorry" I say bending down to pick everything up.

" here I got you." He kneels down to help me pick up my belongings and for a slight second we make eye contact and I can see him blushing .

I finally got situated enough to hand him the notes and to free myself from any more embarrassment.

"Thanks , oh and uh , I was also wondering if you maybe wanted to hit up the carnival with me this weekend , you know ride some rides, eat some stale popcorn, or mediocre chili ?" He says rubbing his hands through his curls .

I totally forgot. Every year the carnival comes to town and they host a chili cooking contest. Dumbest thing I've ever heard of if you ask me . The Jacob's -
Always win of course . His dad , Mr. Cal and his wife Marsha, make the same shitty pot of chili every year. I'm convinced the whole thing is rigged but whatever .

Suddenly I see Nate walking towards me but he stops in his tracks as he watched the interaction between Josh and I.

"I'd love to go with you ." I say as I shut my locker.

"Cool, I'll text you."  He says before walking away.

I nod my head and turn in the opposite direction as I feel Nate getting closer and closer to me . The bell rings so I jolt to my first period . Saved by the bell literally.

____________________________________

** Josh is kinda fine y'all....uh oh ... he might give Nate a run for his money lol **😳😮‍💨💖