Chapter 13

" just breath Y/N, breath ." At this point all my girls are surrounding making sure I'm okay. Honestly I just wanted to be alone right now but I couldn't let them know that. Cassie whipped my tears away and just held me until I controlled myself .

"What was that all about ? Do you and have something going on with Nate?" Cassies ask looking me dead in my eyes. I hate when she does this .

"Can you just take me home please ?" I ask Cassie as she cups my hands.

"Of course". she replies . "Here get in the front seat so that way —."

" I'll take her home." We all turn to see Nate still bloody from the fight .

"Fuck off Nate, you've done enough ."Cassie spats at him before grabbing my arm.

"Y/N please."

Cassie makes sure I get in the passenger seat of her car and pulls off leaving Nate standing there . On the way home it begins to rain. I stare out the window as the rain drops trickle down the window. So many thoughts ran through my mind and I couldn't help but wonder if I truly deserved this. I loved Nate with everything in me but he has put me through so much trauma and we haven't even made anything official! After all of this apart of me still wants to be labeled as his girlfriend .

We finally reach my drive way and We just sat there in silence.

"Do you want me to walk you in?"

"No I'll make it. Thank you Cassie ."

I reach over giving her the tightest hug. I felt tears fill my eyes so I grabbed my things jumping out the car. I run to the door using my purse to cover my head to protect myself from the heavy rain. I unlock my front door and to my surprise my mom sat on the couch with a random man siping glasses of wine . The man was nice looking , he was you're average male height , dark complexion,with a beard full of grey hairs with a mustache that connected . His hair was in jerry curls , also grey.

"Oh. Hi honey you're back home early , how was the carnival ?"

My mom didn't give me an introduction to the man sitting on our couch but at the moment I didn't care too much for one anyway.

"I really don't wanna talk about it mom."

She nods her head letting it go. She knows when to let me be alone which I appreciate .

I make my way up to my room removing my drenched clothes. Suddenly I see a pair of head lights flashing repeatedly as if someone was doing Morse code . I peak at my blinds , squinting until I notice the grey Ram. Nate . What the fuck was he doing here ? I pace back and forth contemplating my next move .

I quickly go through my closet grabbing the nearest sweat shirt and sweat pants . I change out of my Nike air forces and throw on a pair of all black vans . I pack a small bag of clothes and body products . Now I know what you're thinking . I'm not planning on staying with Nate . I just need a good reason for my mom to let me out the house at this time of night . I also wanna give her the privacy she deserves.

I head downstairs to my mom and this mysterious man still sipping on their wine , this time more cuddled up. I have a feeling I'll be seeing him around more often .

"Hey mom, I'm gonna spend the night at Cassies."

"Okay that's fine hun , be careful and call me if you need anything" she responds while blowing me a kiss .

I pretend to catch the kiss and crack a smile.

I sprint out the door to Nates car. I hop in and he immediately starts the car . The ride was silent until I built up the courage to ask him "Nate where are you taking me?"