Chapter 30

Holding up then pregnancy test to the girls, I begin to get frantic. I kept reading the box over and over agin until Rue spat out, "you'll never know until you take it, you're probably not even pregnant. You're overthinking it."

"Rue shut up! Jules says.

"Take your time Y/N."

"No she's right. I think I'm ready ." I respond as I head towards the bathroom.

Shutting the door behind me, I pull my shorts and panties down, I sit on the toilet as I un wrap the packaging. Sticking it between my legs I begin to pee on the stick. I shut my eyes as I prayed and prayed that it came out negative. As much as I loved babies , I knew I wasn't ready for a baby. And I know Nate wasn't either . Once I finished I set the test to the side and close the door to the bathroom leaving it on the counter .

"Alright the test says to wait 4-5 minutes for the results." I tell the girls as I sit next to Cass.

I lay my head on my shoulder as she grabs my hand.  We sat in silence for 5 minutes before my timer went off .

"Will you go check for me?" I look at Cass .

Cass nods her head as she takes a huge gulp and gets out of her seat. She slowly walks to the door before turning to look at me before opening the door and walking inside . Seconds later she comes out with the test in her hand. Her face looked like she wanted to pass out.

"Well?" Lexi says .

"Y/N . You're—pregnant."

Tears filled my eyes as I throw myself into the floor

Tears filled my eyes as I throw myself into the floor. This couldn't be happening . All of the girls except Cass huddle around me as I cried and cried .

"It's okay Y/N, we are all here for you. You're not gonna go through this alone." Lex says as she pushes my hair from my face.

It made me feel a little better hearing her say that.

"Are you sure it's even Nate's? You have been hooking up with a lot of guys lately." Cass says.

We all look up at her with disgust.

"Cass what the fuck is your problem? You're being a bad friend and this whole new personality is seriously unlikeable." Lexi says.

Cassie whips away her tears as she folds her arms .

"You can always abort it." Rue says as Jules elbows her in the side .

She was right. That's always an option. But right now the only thing that was going through my mind was how I had to tell Nate . I didn't know how he'd react. The decision was going to be mine at the end of the day, but I was scared .

"You guys have to promise you're not going to tell anyone."

"We promise."

They all nodded their heads as Cass stood still in the middle of the room.

"Do you promise Cass?"

"I promise ."

A few days went by and I knew the longer I waited to tell Nate the worse I'd feel mentally and physically. I'd always dreamed of the first time I found out I was pregnant. I dreamed it would be like the movies. Where I'm happily married and the baby would be planned . I dreamed I'd be financially stable, with a room waiting for the new born. But this was the opposite. I was afraid to tell my mom, I was afraid to tell Nate.

I had time to make my decision on keeping the baby. Despite the circumstances, I knew I would make a great mom. I grew to love the baby before I even knew it's gender. Every time I got out the shower I'd pretend to rub my belly in the mirror, as if I was showing . I did a lot of research on new moms and I even listened to a podcast about single, young moms which made me feel better.

Mentally I came to a realization that regardless of Nate's reaction, I was willing to take care of this baby, with or without him.

As I laid in bed, watching television I heard a knock on my door.

"Hun?"

"Yeah mom?"

"We need to talk."

My heart sank to my stomach as I opened up the door.

We take a seat on my bed as she rubs her forehead .

"Is there something you'd like to tell me?"

I shake my head no as my mom ask the question again. Tears begin to fill my eyes .

"I'm sorry mom."

She pulls me into her as she just holds me. I cry on her shoulder as she rubs my back up and down.

" I'm not mad at you." She says whipping away my tears.

"How'd you find out ?"

"Suze told me."

Anger began to fill my body as I recalled telling all the girls not to tell anyone. I knew my only two options was Lexi and Cass. And considering Cass got along with her mother more than Lexi I figured it was Cass. How could she!

" don't be mad sweetie. I just wished you would have told me first . You can't trust everyone . Regardless you're going to be okay. I'm here for you."

Hearing her words calmed me down. Knowing I had her support made me feel so much better.

"Does he know?"

"No he doesn't .I don't know how to tell him."

"Well whatever decision you make I'll support you."

"I want to keep it mom."

"Okay." My mom says as she snuggled into bed next to me. She held me until I fell asleep in her arms .