Chapter 36

When I open my eyes, I'm treated with blue confetti everywhere , along with a blue slice of cake. My eyes filled with tears of joy as Nate lifts me up high into the air while holding me tight.

"YES! YES!"Nate screams as he lets me down and rubs my bell.

Everyone cheers and embraces us with hugs. Mkay daps up Nate and pulls him in for a hug and pats hun hard on the back . I couldn't stop smiling .

"Looks like you got a little football player on your hands." Mkay states.

Nate turns to me, grabs my face and lays a big kiss on my lips. He then kneels down and kisses my belly. I've never seen him so happy. I couldn't believe I was having a baby boy. I could see it now, him being a mommas boy. But having his daddy's stature. No wonder he's been taking up so much room in my belly. He's a tall baby just like his daddy. I smiled as I rubbed my belly.

For the rest of the evening everyone laughed and enjoyed their time. Nate even had a conversation with my uncles. I guess they made amends. I was happy. He was happy. Everyone was happy. 8 o'clock rolled around so we began to pack everything up so we could leave . I thanked everyone for coming before they left.

"Y/N, do you wanna come over ? I have something for you." Nate ask as he loads my car.

I nod as we finish loading up the car full of gifts and balloons. I kiss my mom goodbye and let her know I'm going over Nate's .

"Just be careful honey. I don't want anything to happen to you or the baby and I—-."

"Mom I'm okay."

She nods and heads on her way. I follow Nate behind his truck and follow him home. Once we get there he helps me out the car and leads me into his room. I turn on the lights and there on the bed he had a huge gift bag on the bed.

"Go ahead and open it up."

I peel open the bag and first I see a beautiful set of pajamas with a nice soft set of slippers. I dig deeper into the bag and see a couple of my favorite snacks, favorite beauty brands, and an envelope. I pull it out quickly opening it.

"Oh my god! You did not! A trip to the Bahamas ?!" Nate this is so sweet !"

I get ready to hug him but he cuts me off.

"There's something else in the bottom."
I shuffle through the bag removing the paper and I feel a small box. I pull it out and open it up. My heart dropped. Nate comes behind me and wraps his arms around me. A promise ring .

"I know this won't fix all of the mistakes I made, but it's a start. I want to love you with everything in me and I want our child to witness that love. I don't want anyone or anything to come between us. I just want it to be us and the baby. Will you please take me back Y/N?"

He turns my body to face him. He stared deep into my eyes and I could feel my stomach doing flips.

" Yes Nate, I will. But , if you hurt me again, understand you're not only hurting me. But your also hurting our son. Don't do that to him."

He nods his head and promises as he pulls me in for a hug. Suddenly I feel a hard kick and Nate feels it too.

"Ouch! You know he's been kicking me non stop?"

"Good boy." Nate says as he rubs my belly.

"Thank you for the gifts.I love them."

We get undressed and hop in the bathtub and Nate massages my body and rubs his big hands over my belly. I laid my head back to fit right in his neck as he squeezed the bathing cloth over my belly. I loved this side of Nate. The romantic side, the caring side, I felt protected by him. Finally.

Shortly after I change into my new set of pajamas and crawled into bed. Nate gets changed into a pair of boxers , I could see him fiddling with one of his drawers. He moved all of his clothes on side of his drawer to the closet and looked over at me.

"For now, if you want to keep things here you can have these drawers, but we need to start looking at a place for us. If we are gonna do this right, I want our own home, our own space. Just the three of us. This will have to do for now, but my parents are helping me find an apartment."

" Nate , do you know how far along I am? I'm due in 4 in a half weeks. That doesn't give us enough time ."

" Don't worry about it, I got it taken care of." He says while crawling into bed.

He pulls me closer to him as he traces my belly with his finger trying to see if our baby is still awake.

"I love you Y/N."

"I love you too, Nate."