Chapter 33

As I laid In bed on this gloomy Sunday afternoon, I couldn't help to trace my stomach back and forth as I imagined the baby could feel my touch . Despite how Nate found out , I was okay. I just hated that he put his hands on me. I knew I didn't want my baby around that type of environment. I wasn't going to allow it .

Every few hours my mother would check up on me, and every time she did I made sure I had a fresh coat of makeup on my neck to hide the bruising. I didn't want her to cause more drama between Nate and I . I wanted to leave it where it's at.

I dreaded having to go to school tomorrow. I didn't know whether or not people where talking about the fact that I got cheated on by my boyfriend with my best friend, or if they were talking about my un planned pregnancy.

I put the thoughts all behind me because now I felt as though I had a purpose. I had to do what I had to do to graduate, go to college, get a nice paying job, all while providing for this baby. I didn't want it to have to worry about a damn thing. Although I did think about how eventually, it would come a time where I'd have to explain why their father and I aren't together. Hopefully by then I'll be happily married to someone who truly deserves me, and not only loves me, but also loves my kid.

All this afternoon, Mkay tried reaching out to me telling me to unblock Nate and talk to him once again but I just left him on read . I had nothing to say to Nate. I didn't need anymore explanations. I decided to let karma handle him.

Since my pregnancy symptoms have been getting worse by the day I've been extra tired . The rain also helped calm my nerves. I lit a couple candles and turned on Netflix until I fell asleep peacefully.

"Nate put the gun down." I pleaded.

" If I can't have you then I don't wanna live Y/N."

"Nate please just put the gun down. We can talk about this!"

Nate climbs on top of me while I lay in bed and aims the pistol right at my temple. I begin to whimper as my body is frozen shut. He begins to turn the chamber with one finger, then places the finger on the trigger.

"Nate please!"

With that being said he pulls the trigger and nothing happens. I'm still Alive. He then points it back at the center of his head as the pulls the trigger again. Nothing. He's plying a serious game of Russian roulette and I wanted no part of it. 

"You can never get away from me Y/N

"You can never get away from me Y/N. I'm everywhere." Nate says as he pulls the trigger for a third time, this time sending a bullet right through his head. In that split second , I wake up from this horrible nightmare, screaming and crying from the top of my lungs sending my mom flying into my room seconds later.

She quickly grabs me pulling me into her arms of comfort .

"Shhhh shhhh Y/N it was just a dream. You're okay."

"No it's not okay mom. It's not okay." I cried .

"All right kids no more loitering! Get to class you heard the bell!" Mrs. Jenkins calls out from the halls.  She was our school's vice principal and boy was she a bitch. I quickly pulled my hoodie over my head and scurried to my first period so she wouldn't get a glimpse of my bruises. This morning before school I made sure to add an extra 10 pounds of makeup onto my neck .

I sat down as I pulled out my text books waiting for today's lecture. Behind me I could hear people whispering and I'm more than certain it was about me. Shortly after Nate comes in and sits in the back left corner of the classroom which wasn't like him. A few people greeted him but he didn't respond to them. I wanted to turn and look at his stupid face but I didn't.

Just as Mr. Malcolm was about to begin our new assignments, Mrs. Jenkins along with our school principal, Mr. Walker barged in.

"Miss Y/N, can we borrow you for a minute?" The room goes silent as I take a gulp. I slowly get out of my seat exiting the class.

Before the door was shut I heard some girl say , " it's probably cause she's pregnant."

I follow them into Mr. Walker's office and there I see four police offices standing there . What the fuck did I do. Shutting the door behind me , Mr. Walker suggest I take a seat.

"Um is there something wrong Mr. Walker?" I saw as I'm sweating bullets. I began to think about all the things that could have possibly landed me right here in this position.

"Miss Y/N, we have been informed that a fellow classmate of yours that you are familiar with has been physical assaulting you . We would just like to ask you a few questions and get some answers before we—."

"Um no disrespect Mr. Walker, but even if I was being assaulted, why the hell would I tell any of you?"

"We just want to get down to the bottom of this miss Y/N. We are here to help you."

"What would make you think I've been getting assaulted? Who's my assaulter huh? And where is the proof ?" I snap back. I wasn't too sure why I was defending Nate after he indeed, did assault me. Apart of me didn't want people in my business and another part of me knew the consequences he could get in if they found out the truth. I guess maybe apart of me still cared .

"Do you wanna start with who made the report against Nate Jacobs or do you wanna start with the evidence right on your neck? Look miss Y/N we can do this the easy way or the hard way. You're choice." Mrs. Jenkins inputs.

"Fuck off." I say before heading towards the door before two large police offices stepped in the way.

"Hard way it is." As soon as Mrs. Jenkins says that, the two offices lift me by each arm taking me into a back room that looked like the interrogation rooms that I'd seen on tv.

"Get the fuck off of me! Let go of me!" I scream at the top of my lungs as they sit me down in a metal chair, handcuffing me to it . I fight and scream with all my might but it's no use . Another female cop comes in and pushes my head down on the table as the cops begin removing my clothing and makeup from my neck revealing the now purple bruises .

"Trust me sweetie. If he loved you, he wouldn't do this to you. This isn't love ." The office says as she snaps pictures of my neck. I rested my forehead on the table and cried as she continued. A million thoughts ran through my

mind. I knew they'd be coming for Nate next , it was only a matter of time .

"Oh my god Y/N! Sweetie are you okay? Why didn't you tell me! Don't be so rough with her she's pregnant for God's sake!" My mom says bursting into the room pushing my hair out of my face

"Officer I would like to press charges on that boy!"  My mom blurts put causing my heart to shatter .

"No you're not pressing charges!"

"Yes I am Y/N! Look at you—!"

"No you're not pressing charges !" I yell as tears stream down my face .Looking past my mother, I see Nate walk by in handcuffs with two male cops along with Marsh and Cal trailing behind them . Before he fully past by the window he mouths the words "I love you." To me.