Chapter 27

It was the day before prom and I was home trying on my dress in front of my mom. She had scheduled me a hair and nails appointment today which I was so excited for.

"Oh you're going to look gorgeous hun!" My mom says as I spin around in the gown. I couldn't wait till everything tied together .

It seemed like I'd been out all day getting pampered. Once the nail tech was doing her finishing touches on my nails, a familiar voice comes from the entrance. Maddy. Another nail tech leads her to the seat next to me. She takes her seat as she quickly glimpses over my freshly done hair and nail set.

"Nice nails." Maddy says as she raises her hands in front of her face as she picks at her cuticles.

"Thanks." I reply.

"Okay you're all done. You can pay at the front ."

I nod at the nice lady as I head to the counter to pay. Once I pay I make my way to the exit as Maddy runs behind me.

"Hey wait Y/N."

"Yeah?"

"Look um, I know you and I haven't gotten along in a literally like,forever , but uh. I just wanted to say I'm s-sorry. And I wanted to know if we could maybe be cool again."

I was shocked. Maddy wanted to be my friend again? As much as I wanted to laugh in her face , I didn't. I accepted her apology and we hugged it out. I just hope her intentions are good.

As I'm on my way home I pull up to a stop light and of course Mr. Jacobs pulls up beside me in his truck. We both glimpse at each other before hitting the gas in the now green light. Why the fuck was he acting so strange ? Ever since that night I came over for dinner at the Jacob's he hasn't said a word to me since. Whatever. I didn't care to hear from him or his son.
It was 10:14pm and I was relaxing until Nate texted me.

Check your front door.
Nate💔 10:14pm

I anticipated going to check, for all I know he could pop out with a knife to slit my throat for entertaining other dudes. I make my way downstairs and turn on the porch light. I look around before I look at my feet and there I see a crown along with a note.
It read : I never got to give you your crown  from homecoming. You're still my queen.~love Nate.

I look around one last time before shutting the door behind me. That feeling began to come back to me. How Nate would make me feel like a queen. Not all the time. But when he did it felt good. I rushed back to my room as I examined the crown, placing it on my head carefully, trying my best not to mess up my curls for tomorrow. I smiled and laid it on my dresser along with the note .
Before I went to bed I responded to his message with a heart emoji .

Tonight was the night. Prom night to be exact. I was so excited I could hardly contain it. I had gotten all dolled up with the help of my mom. We both drove over to Cassie and Lexi's so we could all take group photos. Once I entered the house the girls began to hype me up.

"Damn girl you look good!" Lexi says as we all exchange hugs and compliments.

"Alright girls gather around the stairs so we can take some pictures!" My mom says as her and Suze snap out photos.

We all got on the staircase and hit our best poses. It felt like a photoshoot. Once we finished we kissed our moms goodbye and hopped into my car considering it was the car with the most room.

"We should have taken shots before we left!" Kat exclaims.

"Trust me I'm pretty sure someone is gonna spike the punch bowl!" I say.

We all laughed at my joke as we shortly arrive to the prom. This year it was being held in an old towns house. They had it all decorated as the Hollywood theme. People were outside waiting with their dates and tickets . Everyone looked like movie stars. Once we make it in we are greeted with blasting music from the dj booth. There were people dancing and twerking, eating the catered foods, and some of the guys were standing around hoping to get danced on.

We find a table and we all take a seat. Suddenly Maddy runs up to me and throws her arm around me as the rest of the girls stare in confusion.

"Ummm did I miss a chapter? When did this happen?" Rue says as she points her finger at the both of us.

"Oh I forgot to tell you guys. We made up."

The girls all give their remarks as I pat an empty seat next to mine inviting Maddy to join us.

" you all look lovely tonight." Maddy adds.

"Thanks you too." Kat replies as she seems to be the only one willing to give Maddy a second chance.

Time slowly goes by as we sing along to the songs being played. Suddenly loud commotion begins to come from the entrance and of course it's being caused by Nate entering the room. And to top it off, he had the same bitch from the diner wrapped around his arm. After all the things he has been saying to me, even last night with him leaving me my  crown. He does this.

He walks past my table making sure I'm watching him as he grabs a handful of the girl's ass.

"First of all.Ew.second of all.EW." I spat.

He spins the girl around a few times as she grinds up and down on him. My blood begins to boil as our eyes meet each other.

"Y/N, don't do it you know he's just trying to piss you the fuck off."

"Fuck this." I say as I head towards the dance floor. I make my way up to the first hot guy I see. I grab him by the tie leading him to the middle of the dance floor so everyone including Nate could see . Two can play that game. I begin grinding on this random dude as he touches me all over my body. I swear I moved like I'd never moved before. I grinned my hips on his groing as he grouped me. He spun me around a few times and every time I made sure Nate was locked in.

Nate had finally had enough as he moved the girl out of his way as he storms towards the back exit. 

"I win." I say as I return to my seat.

The girls clap and we giggle. I wasn't going to allow Nate to ruin this night for me. For the rest of the night we all danced together and had the best time. The rest of the girls even found it in their hearts to forgive Maddy. Cassie disappeared at one point but honestly I didn't care. Her vibe had been off and I didn't want to deal with anymore negativity. I was finally happy. No more boy problems . Just me and my girls . I was free.