Chapter 12

** hey guys if you'd like me to make the chapters longer please let me know. I feel like I'm cutting them to short .so lmk, thank youuu.💖**

____________________________________

The weekend was approaching and I've somehow managed to dodge having a conversation with Nate. His football team had to go out of town for a tournament so I haven't seen him at school. He's called and texted me throughout the week trying to explain himself but I've just ignored.

As I sat at the lunch table I giggled and gossiped with the girls.

"So Y/N, I heard you're going to the carnival with Josh! He's a cutie , you better take him before I do! Cassie laughs." I didn't find it that funny but I just smile and raise my eyebrows .

"Uh yeah he asked me to go so... it's no big deal."

The girls all give each other a look and I just roll my eyes . None of them know about Nate and I, and honestly I'd like to keep it that way. Like I said before they all have their own personal reasons to hate him. But not as much as I do right now . I try not to think about it but it's hard .

The girls and I finish our meals and head to our next periods. Today at gym Coach Mac actually wants full participation so we played volleyball. Don't get me wrong, I like the sport , I just don't like playing it . I get too competitive just like with every other sport . After a while I take a break by sneaking Cassie to the locker room.

"Wanna smoke ? " she ask pulling out a baggie of weed .

"What Cassie no why would bring that on school grounds ?!" I say making her put it away. The last thing I needed was to get caught up in some mess that could ruin my reputation. Cassie rolls her eyes and leans back on the bench.

"I hate this place. I just wanna escape from it all."

"I know Cassie but you know drugs isn't gonna help you escape. They may for a little but one day you're gonna realize there's a better way."

Every time I try to lecture Cassie she blows me off which I hate. I just wanna help her . But she doesn't see it that way. I just stop talking. We sat in silence for the rest of the period until the bell rang indicating we are free from this prison .

Cassie and I walk out together but before we go our separate ways I ask her ," do you wanna go shopping for the carnival tomorrow?"

Her light blue eyes light up and she nods her head yes. I know Cassie could never say no to shopping .

Saturday comes  and I get a text from Josh. He let me know that the team was back in town from their victories and that he'd pick me up around 7. I waste time throughout the day helping my mom unpack from her trip, trying to stay on her good side so she wouldn't have a reason to not let me go to the carnival tonight.

6 o'clock rolls around and I begin to get dressed for tonight's festivities. I pull out a cute orange crop top and a pair of  shorts ( reference above ). I straighten my hair an Bobby pin a few strands back . I bring a hair tie just in case if my hair gets fucked up from riding the rides . I quickly but precisely do my makeup, making sure my winged eyeliner is symmetrical .

I make sure my things are in my purse and by then I heard the doorbell ring. I hop up and head downstairs, my mother inviting Josh in. He was wearing a plain white t shirt with a grey jacket and Nike tennis shoes that matched. He smiles at me and I smile back .

"Well don't you look beautiful." My mom says .

"Thanks mom." I reply as I link arms with Josh.

"Have a fun time you two!" My mom replies.

The car ride took twenty minutes ,tops. It was a little awkward I'm not gonna lie. I'm hoping I have a better time with him at the carnival. Regardless I know Nate is gonna be there so I WANT him to see me happy without him! He deserves it .

Standing in line at the ticket stand, we waited patiently until it was our turn to receive our tickets. josh paid for mine showing off his gentleman skills. Afterwards, we ride a few rides . As time went by, the fair lights began to light up the sky in multiple colors . I was mesmerized as I looked up in the sky . I feel eyes burning into me as I turn to see Josh staring at me with the cutest smile .

"What is it ? I ask as my face fills with blush .

"You're just so beautiful Y/N." He says while wrapping his strong arms around me.

I rested my head on his chest as we stared at the twinkling lights.

"What a fucking whore ." A familiar voice says behind me.

My stomach begins doing backflips and I become nauseous. I turn to see Nate , he's Red in the face and he looks drunk as fuck. Slowly a crowd begins to form around us all. Fuck. My. Life.

"What you fucking this dude now Y/N? We break up and you're already fucking this lame? You're a joke!"he spat getting closer to Josh and I.

"Nate go home you're fucking drunk." I step in between the boys before the situation gets any worse .

"Stay out of this Y/N. I'll deal with you later." Nate says while yanking me out of the way. Cassie and Rue quickly run to my aid pulling me away from the commotion.

"It's about to go down." Rue says jokingly . Now is not the time Rue.

Nate steps to Josh and they are eye level.

"Yo back the fuck up out of my face before you start something you can't finish." Josh says as he gives Nate a hard shove."

All of a sudden Nate comes back at Josh and tackles him to the ground. The boys begin beating the shit out of each other. The crowd begins cheering and recording the fight getting closer and closer to them both. I try prying myself away from Cassie and Rue.
I watch in horror as I begin seeing them both covered in each others blood.

"Nate stop!" I scream at the top of my lungs.

Everything begins moving slowly as tears fall from my eyes . I break down and begin to hyperventilate. The fight is finally broken up by a couple guys from the football team prying Nate and Josh from each others grip. Nate gives me one last glimpse before running out of the crowd . josh slowly walks away with a ripped up shirt that was once all white .

The crowd begins to fade but I'm still frozen in time trying to catch my breath. The girls quickly pick me up taking me to Cassie's car. I sit in the back seat and just break down. It was all my fault . I caused this. And I hated myself for it .

____________________________________