Chapter 21

"Nate what the fuck are you doing here?" I question as he eagerly makes his way to me. He snatches me by my arm guiding me through the crowd of people. I try breaking his grip but it's no use. We finally make it to a closet that my mom and I keep our spare jackets and clothes in. Slamming and locking the door behind us, he grabs my face and gets eye level with me.

"Are you fucking crazy Y/N? You know these dudes just want to fuck you right? And you're drunk as fuck there's no telling what they would do to you !"

"Fuck you Nate! You seem to have forgotten you broke up with me! I can do whatever I want! I can dance on whoever I want, I can hang out with whoever I want, I can even fuck whoever I wa—-"

Nate cut me off by planting his lips onto mine. I didn't bother to fight back because well, I missed it. I missed it. As much as I hated him, I couldn't stop loving him. We begin ripping each others clothes off, trying our best to not part lips.

"Nate wait."

"What's wrong?"

I place the spaghetti strap of my dress back onto my shoulder while breaking eye contact.

"Why'd you do it?"

"Don't start Y/N."

"No, why'd you do it? Why did you believe what everyone said about me,why couldn't you just trust me? And why were you with some random bitch that day I saw you at the diner?What does this all mean to you? I'm not just some toy you can just fuck on and leave Nate!"

Rage began to fill my body as tears rolled down my face. Maybe it was the alcohol but I wanted Nate to feel my pain. Nate let out a long sigh while rubbing his face before saying, "I know what people see in you, you're a beautiful girl and I'm selfish. I can't sleep at night thinking someone else is holding you, someone else is making you happy. I love you."

At this point I'm a mess. Snot and more tears run down my face as I burry my myself into his chest. I begin pounding his chest with all my strength. It didn't do much damage as he took every blow like it was nothing.

"I deserve this." Nate says as he just holds me in the closet until I calmed down.

Later that night , Nate and I snuck up stairs to my bedroom carefully, not wanting to wake the strangers that had passed out in the living room floor. We get up to the room and hop into the shower  then layer in bed .

"You still didn't answer my other question."

"What other question?" Nate groans.

"Who is she?"

"Just some girl I met at a party, that's all. She means nothing to me Y/N, but you do. You mean everything to me."

"Alright."

I had a gut feeling that this wouldn't be the last time this mystery girl came up. I laid there as the room spun in circles trying to shake off all of the alcohol I consumed.

"You okay?"

"Yeah just a little drunk still, but I know a way I can sober up." I say as I climb on top of Nate's body.

"Y/N I'm not having sex with you while your drunk."

"We were about to in the closet ! What's the difference now?"

"I wasn't going to fuck you in the closet , I just needed you."

"Whatever." I say as I toss my body back onto  my side of the bed.

Shortly after laying there , still feeling like I'm on the longest roller coaster of my life, I finally drift off to sleep.

A few hours later and i wake up to my alarm blaring. 12:34pm. Sheesh. I had the worst hang over of my life. I look over and Nates gone. Cool I guess . I somehow manage to make it down stairs and to my surprise was a spotless home, not a solo cup nor a stranger in sight. Nate must have done this . I head back upstairs as my phone begins to ring .

"Hello?"

"Hey sleepy head, you alive?" Nate says jokingly .

"Ha,ha,ha. Very funny."

"I cleaned up the spot for you."

"I saw, thank you."

"Yeah, no problem. But listen. I don't want you to get the wrong idea about everything that happened last night. I know I said what I said and I meant every last word. I just don't think we should keep trying this relationship thing out. Maybe not right now."

My heart sank to my stomach.

"Where is this coming from Nate ?"

"I just have a lot on my mind right now."

"So I'm a distraction? You know what forget it Nate ."

I hang up the phone before he could say anything else . My heart was shattered once again into a million tiny pieces that only he could put back together. I just don't get it. So he wants me but at the same time he doesn't want a relationship from me? What the fuck?!