7- Tuesday

Gwen and Courtney were talking as Gwen put her instrument together. The goth couldn't focus on what Courtney was saying, she was busy thinking about how to ask the brunette to homecoming.

"Are you even listening, Gwenny?" Courtney asked with a light giggle, which snapped Gwen out of her thoughts.

"Oh, uh, yeah! Sorry."

"It's fine. I was just saying how it's cool that the band and choir get to do a concert together." Courtney said.

"Yeah, it's gonna be super fun, I'm exc-"

"Hello, students!" Dawn spoke from the loudspeaker. "Homecoming is next  Friday, so make sure to ask your special someone to go with you. Also, the newspaper is out for last week. It covers everything important that happened and things to look forward to..." Gwen looked at Courtney while the voice blared from the loudspeaker. She saw her crush's mouth move, but couldn't hear anything, until she had an idea.

Are you gonna ask someone to homecoming?

Probably not

Why?!

I hate rejection, and I don't have anyone to ask

Oh

Are you gonna ask someone?

I mean... I have someone I mind but idk

Trent?!

Hell no, he's all over Justin

You're right

Dawn stopped speaking on the loudspeaker and the room quieted again.

"So, who are you gonna ask?" Courtney asked.

"Like I'm going to tell you!" The goth said, rolling her eyes.

"I'll get it out of you, Gwen. Mark my words." Courtney said in a fake threatening tone. Gwen chuckled and watched Courtney walk to her spot to start rehearsal.        

Noah walked down the hallway with Izzy and Eva. They were going to meet Cody and Owen outside before they went separate ways. He walked out the door and saw the boys talking.

"Hi Owen and Cody! Did you hear about homecoming?! I'm sooooooo excited!!! Eva and I are going together!!!! Who are you guys going with? This is gonna be sooooo fun!" Izzy couldn't contain her excitement. Noah rolled his eyes, causing Cody to laugh.

"Gap, do you want to come to my house to work on our book report?" Noah asked. Cody blushed a small bit and nodded.

"Well, my parents aren't home so we can go to mine!" Cody suggested. Noah and Cody had done projects at Noah's house a few times, but he has 7 siblings so it's difficult to focus. Cody's parents were rarely home, so they did most projects at his house.

"Awesome, let's go!" Noah said, he was about to walk away when he saw Izzy doing rather provocative gestures. Noah took a crumpled piece of paper from his book bag and threw it at the girl. Eva laughed with him. The boys walked to Cody's house, which was fairly close by, and walked inside.

"Alright, what're we doing our report on?" Noah asked when they got situated.

"This is so boring." Cody groaned, rolling off the couch and lying on the floor. Noah laughed.

"Fine, we can play video games for an hour and then start." Noah offered. All he wanted was to see Cody smile.

"YAY!" Cody threw his arms in the air and gave Noah a controller. Noah swiftly beat him in Mario cart, but lost in RockBand. "And I win again in RockBand!"

"Fine, fine, you win." Noah said, Cody sat back down. Noah noticed that Cody was rather close to him. He turned to him, their faces inches apart. Cody's eyes flickered from the bookworm's eyes to his lips. The two slowly started leaning in, but something inside told Noah not to do it. He backed away and cleared his throat. "Uh we should st-start working on the project."

Cody nodded quickly, refusing to meet his eyes, "Yeah, let's um do that."