25- Monday

Kitty dreaded coming into school. Yes, they got Thursday off because of the lock-in, but Friday meant catching up on Thursday's work and Monday was catching up on Friday's work.

Luckily, it was lunch time and she had a whole hour to sit with her friends and talk about random shit.

"Do you guys see Dave putting up his posters for senior class president? The vote is in three months!" Sammy got the group's attention when she looked over at him.

Principle McLean liked to get in touch with the student council during the summer, so the elections for the next year's council took place towards the beginning of February.

"Ew, he knows he won't win, why is he even trying? It's, like, gross," Amy said, causing her twin to roll her eyes.

Kitty looked over at her, "Amy, why are you even sitting with us? We don't like you."

She huffed and picked up her tray, only turning back to say "I was only trying to make you guys somewhat cooler," Kitty could hear the cheerleaders groan when Amy walked to their table and sat down.

"Okay, but he's only jealous cause Sky and I kissed during that game of spin the bottle two months ago." Sammy looked down at her food after Kitty brought up that party.

Emma sighed, "Kit, maybe he's running to better his chances at a good scholarship or–"

"He explicitly told me that I will 'drown in the same misery as he did after that fateful day when I stole his beloved' he used those words. He then told me I was unfit to be president because I was a cheerleader and called me a bitch." Kitty chuckled when she remembered how funny that whole conversation was.

Emma, however, found it much less funny. She abruptly stood up and marched over to Dave. Kitty put her hands over her eyes to shield her from embarrassment, but she caught some of it, "...some nerve... I'll make sure you never call another girl that... no wonder Sky never wanted to go out with you... Jen! Let go! Let me..." Footsteps approached the table and she heard her sister huff when she sat back down. "You shouldn't have held me back."

Jen laughed, "Yeah, I know."
_____________________________

"Trent, stop looking like a hurt puppy or I will make you a hurt puppy." Trent looked up from his tray at the tall girl speaking. He sighed, choosing to just ignore Heather. He heard her whisper to Gwen and Courtney, "Okay, being mean didn't help, the fuck else are we supposed to do?" Gwen groaned.

"Trent, just tell us what's wrong," Courtney tried her best to sound sincere.

Trent kept his eyes on his food while speaking, "Who do you think the song was about?"

"Oh my fucking- how are you so- I can't even- what the fuck?!" He finally looked up at Gwen, who seemed to have short-circuited. "Trent, I love you, but I'm gonna be really mean to you for a moment. You are so fucking stupid. The song was obviously about you, moron!" Trent was dumbfounded.

"What?! No!"

"Trent, he literally sang the line 'I almost died when you dated Pasty' and I have dated you and Courtney. I can almost promise that song was not about her," She quickly turned to her girlfriend, "Not because you aren't great, babe, Justin's just super gay."

Trent replayed the song in his head, just like he had all weekend. He froze, dropping his spork into the mush on his plate. He stood up quickly, uttering a quick "holy shit."

Trent walked as fast as possible towards the theater room where Justin was working on costumes. He ran in and saw his crush sewing some fabric. He sighed, glad he was still there.

Justin looked up at him, his expression becoming unreadable, before he quickly stood up and mumbled something to the person he was working with and left the room. Trent tried to follow him, finally tell him what he had been dying to tell him since Junior year, but it was too late.

Maybe it would never be the right time for them.

A/N finally posting again! Thank you guys for being so patient while waiting for new chapters!! Love you guys!❤️❤️❤️