28.5- Halloween

A/N: Special Halloween episode, tied to the main story, but not necessary to read.
_______________________

Noah always hated Halloween. He hated people scaring him, he hated walking up to strangers to ask for candy, he hated dressing up.

However, he did not hate sitting in his living room watching Paranorman with his friends. There was a big bowl of candy in the middle of the floor, but most of it was being scarfed down by Cody and Owen. Noah stopped paying attention to the movie within the first few minutes, finding the person next to him much more interesting.

Cody clung to his arm, the boy had said the movie was "scary" and would periodically hide behind the blanket. The movie ended, there was something about a little girl and zombies. Noah stood up and turned on the lights, blinding the teenagers for a short moment.

"What now?" He asked, looking at his phone and seeing 7:53 PM.

Izzy jumped up, "Trick-or-Treating!!!!!" She jumped up and down and ran around the room.

Her girlfriend gently grabbed her arm to settle her down, "Iz, we don't have costumes, we're too old for that, and we'd only be out for like an hour."

Izzy shrugged, "We can make fast costumes! And you're never too old for Halloween!!!! Oh my god, one time in like fifth grade this girl and I went trick-or-treating and I went as a skeleton and we were running around and I like totally tripped and broke my elbow! It still pops when I bend it like this!" She started reaching for her elbow to contort it in some probably gross way, but Eva stopped her.

Cody stood up, "Trick-or-treating sound fun!" Owen nodded happily.

Noah let out a long sigh before saying, "Alright, I have some old costumes you guys can wear."

And so, the five teenagers began Trick-or-Treating around Noah's neighborhood. Izzy was wearing a scarecrow costume from three years ago, Eva was dressed as a witch, Cody dressed as a cat, Owen in a vampire costume, and Noah wearing a sheet with holes in it.

"That's your costume?" Eva asked, arms crossed.

"You don't like it? I tried so hard," he replied sarcastically.

They spent the night collecting candy and looking silly as they walked through the neighborhood.

Maybe Halloween wasn't so bad.
__________________________

Gwen loved Halloween. Ever since she was little she had loved dressing up, getting scared, and everything else associated with the holiday.

She was somewhat surprised, however, when she learned that she also loved couple's costumes. She felt so proud when she showed up to Bridgette's party as Jack Skeleton with Courtney next to her dressed as Sally. She was beautiful, and Gwen was so happy.

"Oh! I'm gonna go talk to Bridge, be right back." Gwen nodded and watched her walk away, deciding to go get drinks while she was gone.

"Didn't expect to see you here," an aggravating voice spoke beside her.

Gwen rolled her eyes and turned to him, "What do you want, Duncan?" He was wearing a shirt with a skeleton on it, probably his sad excuse at a Halloween costume. "And what are you even supposed to be? It's a costume party."

He let out a chuckle, "I'm a skeleton, duh." He pointed to his shirt. "And I don't want anything, just saying hi." She let them sit in uncomfortable silence for a few moments before Duncan spoke again, "I'm not gonna hit on you. Or your girl, just so you know."

"I appreciate you not flirting with me or my girlfriend," the goth deadpanned.

Duncan held up his hands in surrender, "whatever, happy Halloween I guess." He walked away, probably towards his asshole friends.

"What was that about?" Gwen smiled when she heard Courtney.

"Nothing, he just wanted to being annoying for whatever reason." She handed Courthouse a drink.

Courtney nodded, "Sounds like him. Do you wanna dance?" Gwen smiled and nodded.

Gwen didn't recognize the song, but it was catchy. They danced to the pop song until it faded out and another one replaced it.

The goth looked at her favorite person, on her favorite day, and said exactly what she wanted to, "I love you."
____________
A/N: Sorry for still not having a real chapter, and for this only being like 700 words. I wrote this in like 2 hours max and I've been passing out candy for a while. Comment what you wanna see, I'm out of ideas.

Love you guys!❤️❤️