9- Thursday

Emma sat in class with Noah. She was doodling on her notepad.

"Emma, are you even listening?" Noah asked.

"What?" She looked up at him.

"Sorry, you're too busy thinking about Jen." He said her name in a sing-songy tone. Emma elbowed him and closed her notebook. They laughed lightly.

"Hey, Em!" A cheery girl with sunglasses on her head greeted. Emma instantly lit up.

"Hi, Jen!" She replied.

"Oooh, your outfit is so cute today!" Jen told Emma.

"Thanks, you look great today! I mean, you look great every day! I-I mean, not that I pay attention to that! I uh..." Emma said in a fit of gay panic.

"Jen, take your seat." The teacher said. Emma put her head on her desk as Noah laughed uncontrollably.

"Smooth, Emma, smooth." She glared at him.
______________________________________

Heather sat down with Courtney, Gwen, and Bridgette.

"So, you two are dating now?" She asked Courtney and Gwen.

"Yup!" Courtney replied.

"Finally! I couldn't handle any more of you denying your feelings!" She told her best friend. The girls laughed. Alejandro walked past the table with his lunch and his friends. He and Heather made eye contact before each looked down.

"Still undecided about dating Mr. Dead Ass?" Courtney asked. Heather nodded, twirling her fork around on her plate. She wanted to be with Alejandro, but she couldn't trust him. He was known to be a player and, apparently, he's dated almost every girl in school. Heather sighed. "What if you go to homecoming with us?" Courtney suggested.

"Like, not bring a date?" The girl asked, still staring down at her tray.

"Yeah! Bridgette, you too. Let's all go together!" Courtney added on. Bridgette smiled and nodded.

"Sure, why not." Heather said with a shrug.
____________________________________

Justin sat quietly in the theater room looking at his phone. He looked up and saw Trent sitting across the room alone. Justin wanted to talk to him, but he couldn't. He sighed and continued reading. A few moments later, he felt someone sit next to him. He looked over and saw Noah.

"Um, can I help you?" He asked. Noah didn't perform, but he was on the tech crew.

"Are you okay?" Noah replied with a question of his own.

"As good as ever." Justin said sarcastically, looking back down at the paper in his hand.

"I see you're taking lessons from me." He chuckled lightly at his joke. The two were silent as Noah collected his thoughts. "Do you remember when Cody dated Sierra?"

"That one week in sophomore year?" Justin asked, remembering that week.

"Yeah. Only me and Gwen know this, but he only dated her to hide the fact he was gay. After a few days, he realized that lying about his true feelings was just as bad as being called names." Noah explained.

"Sorry, but how does this concern me?" Justin asked.

"Because I know you and Katie are playing for the same team. I know you have some stupid deal about fake dating. And I know you're gonna lose a great guy over something this fucking dumb." Noah said, standing up. He took one look back before walking over to Cody. Justin looked up at Trent and sighed.