10- Friday

Cody ate his lunch while the people at his table told jokes. The laughter died down when they saw a familiar party guy walk up.

"Hey, dudes. You know the drill, party at my place tonight!" Geoff said, less cheerfully than usual, before turning back to his friends.

"That'll be fun." Eva said sarcastically.

"Not gonna lie, I don't want to go." Owen said.

"Why not?!" Cody asked.

"Gap, Bridgette and Geoff will be arguing constantly, then everyone gets involved, then we have to sneak out through the back door to avoid getting punched." Noah explained to his friend. Cody sighed and looked down. He had an amazing thought, causing his eyes to widen and him to smile.

"What if we have our own party?!" He suggested happily. They all looked at him confused.

"No." Noah said after a moment.

"Why? We could have it at my place because my parents aren't home, and we'll only invite us and a few other people, then we can have the Drama Brothers play music!" Cody said. Owen and Izzy were practically jumping up and down at the idea. Eva shook her head.

"Please? Please please please?!??!?! PLEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEE?!" Izzy begged.

"Ugh fine, I'll go." Eva gave in. Noah looked into Cody's puppy dog eyes. He nodded his head and smirked.

"I'm in." He finally said.

"YAY! Let's go invite people." Cody cheered. He immediately ran up to Gwen, Courtney, and Heather's table.

"Sup, Cody." Gwen greeted as he sat down.

"Hey, I'm having a party tonight. Do you guys wanna come?" He asked.

"I'm in, what about you lovebirds." Heather replied.

"That sounds cool." Gwen said to her girlfriend. Courtney nodded. "We'll come!"

"Yes! Go to my house at 6 and don't tell anyone!" He said before standing up and running across the cafeteria to Trent, Harold, Justin, and LeShawna. He told them about the party and they all agreed to come. He was so excited, he just wanted to be done with the school day.
______________________________________

Heather, Gwen, and Courtney were in the car and driving to Cody's house. Heather was in the backseat as the lovebirds chatted.

I wish Bridge was here instead of being petty. She pulled out her phone and scrolled through Instagram. She saw a picture of Bridgette dancing with one of the tall, muscular guys from Chemistry class. Of course she's taking pictures with random hot guys to make Geoff jealous.

They finally pulled up to the house and knocked on the door. A short nerd opened the door.

"Ew, what are you doing here?" Noah asked. Heather knew it was a joke. Her and Noah had become decent friends during high school.

"Fuck you, too. Now let us in." Heather said with a small smile. Noah shrugged and opened the door the rest of the way. Cody's house was huge.

"You guys made it!" A boy greeted. He was walking out of the kitchen with bowls of chips.

"Your house is huge, Cody." Heather said. Courtney nudged her. "Oh, um, sorry."

"No, it's cool." He said, shrugging it off and walking into the living room. The girls followed him and saw Justin and Trent talking as they set up their instruments, Harold talking with LeShawna, Eva holding Izzy so she didn't jump around, Owen eating the newly set down bowl of chips, Kitty pushing her sister over to Jen, and Noah talking with Cody. They split up and talked to their friends.
______________________________________

"No, Kit, this is a bad idea!" Emma protested in a loud whisper as her sister dragged her over to her crush.

"Hi, Jen!" Kitty happily greeted the teen.

"Hey, Kitty! Hi, Em, you guys having fun?" Jen replied, causing Emma to blush slightly at the way she said her name. Kitty looked away. Emma just barely caught it, but her sister looked at Noah and nodded.

"Kitty, can you help me grab some soda out of my car?" Noah asked from the side of the room.

"Sure thing!" Kitty cheerfully replied, Emma shot her a glare before she skipped out the door.

"So... uh..." Emma stuttered. "Where's Tom?"

"Oh, he said something about a last-minute doctor's appointment." Jen said, sipping on her drink.

Was everyone in on this dumb plan? She thought. Her and Jen continued laughing and talking until Cody stood up.

"Guys, we're gonna play truth or dare! Everyone has to play!" He announced. Everyone slowly sat in a circle.
_____________________________________

"I dare you to chug this beer." Someone was dared. Trent wasn't entirely paying attention, he was focused on a certain boy next to him. "Trent," his gaze shifted from Justin to a smirking Noah, "truth or dare?"

He thought before answering. "Dare?" Noah's grin became wider and Cody also started smiling.

"Kiss Justin." He was shocked. There was no way in hell that he would do this. Justin looked at him, poorly concealing the shock on his face.

"Dude, it's just one kiss." He said. Trent blushed rapidly.

"J-just one kiss." Trent repeated. They slowly leaned in before their lips connected.

They pulled apart and looked at each other deeply.

"WOOHOO!!" Izzy shouted, ruining the moment. The teens quickly sat straight up and acted like it hadn't happened. The game kept going and no harsh or invasive dares and truths.

After the game, when the party died down and everyone was slowly going home, Trent and Justin walked outside in awkward silence. They hadn't spoken since the kiss. Once they stepped outside, Trent took in the fresh air. He and Justin stopped walking and stood on the porch. Justin looked at his phone briefly.

"Hey, I gotta go. I'll see you at rehearsal tomorrow, though." Justin said, walking to his car until he stopped and turned around. "Oh, and don't worry. It was just a kiss." Trent looked down.

"It was just a kiss." He repeated in a whisper.