22- Tuesday

Cody loved theater. He loved getting to be someone else, someone everyone liked. He loved the spotlight on him, he the warmth a brought. He loved all of it.

He especially loved the boy on stage crew.

Noah sat in the lighting booth flicking switches up and down. Cody couldn't help but stare. Noah looked up and gave a small wave to Cody. Cody blushed and focused back on his lines.

"Okay, students," their theater teacher stood on the stage and everyone stopped. "As most of you know, the annual lock-in is tomorrow night. Get your permission slips signed by tomorrow morning. You will all be sleeping in the gym, but some other rooms will be open. Come to me if you have questions."

Cody went back to his lines but soon got distracted when someone walked up to him.

"Are you going to the lock-in?" Noah asked as he texted on his phone.

"Yeah, you and the rest of 'Team E-Scope' will be there, right?" Noah laughed slightly, it wasn't often people used their group name. Cody loved his laugh, the way he smiled just a little bit after before going stone-faced again.

"I'll let you practice, I have to go work on the lighting." Noah said hurriedly. He scurried back to his booth, leaving Cody with his lines.

Someone sat next to him, "Cody and Noah sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First–"

"Shut up, Gwen! He doesn't like me like that." Gwen laughed.

"When's the last time you went to an eye doctor? I think you might have trouble seeing what's right in front of you." Cody just shook his head and went back to his lines.
______________________________

Jen sorted through the costumes on the rack. None of them were good enough for this show. She decided on taking one of the costumes from the last show and some fabric. She got to work on the sewing machine.

"Hey!" Jen looked up and a smile quickly spread across her face when she looked at her girlfriend.

"Hey, Emma. Do you wanna help me work on costumes?"

"Well I actually came in here to finish my math homework. Also, you know I can't sew." Jen nodded.

"Oh my gosh. Look at your sister!" Jen whispered, taking Emma by the shoulders and turning her. Kitty was dressed in a crown, a cat costume, and stiletto heels. They watched as she fell into Sammy, who caught her.

Emma gasped quietly, "Do you see Sammy blushing? And look at the way she is looking at my sister, she so likes her." Jen payed close attention to the way Sammy held Kitty for a moment.

"And what way is she looking at her?" Jen questioned, slightly confused as to what her girlfriend was seeing.

"She looks at Kitty the same way I look at you." Jen blushed furiously. She quickly looked back down at the fabric.

"Mhm, yep I see it." Emma laughed.
_____________________________

Gwen sat in the theater room and observed the camera in her hand. She needed something for the newspaper, but the whole school seemed boring this week. She looked around until her eyes found something.

Noah and Cody with their heads touching while Cody read his lines. She snapped a quick picture and looked around again.

Her girlfriend sat there, one hand holding the script and the other moving dramatically while she talked to Heather. Click!

Music flooded the room and Gwen turned to see Kitty's phone plugged into the speaker. Some random song came on and some of the students began singing along. Before long, almost everyone was up dancing along to the songs playing. Gwen snapped a picture of Cody pulling Noah up to dance just before Courtney walked over.

"Dance with me!" She pulled Gwen up and spun her around elegantly. They group of students danced. Just as the song ended, Gwen took another picture of the group together.