13- Wednesday

Noah was too busy typing codes into the computer to notice when Cody walked into the room. The shorter boy stood next to him and looked over his shoulder at the computer. "Yes, Cody?" Noah asked.

"Oh, uh what are you working on?"

"Fixing the code for our robot. I still can't get him to turn left."

Cody nodded and sat in the chair next to him. "Here, let me try." He reached over, brushing hands with Noah, and started typing. He pressed the enter key and turned to the robot on the table. The machine rolled forward, then slowly turned left before stopping entirely.

"Almost. I'll work on it later and see what I can do." They sat in comfortable silence for a moment.

"So, you're going to homecoming, right?" Cody asked.

Noah shrugged, "I don't know. Why would I want to pay to sit in a loud corner and read when I can do it at home for free?"

Cody laughed, "You should go. Owen and I are tagging along with Izzy and Eva."

Noah turned to him and smiled, "Yeah, maybe."

"Good, we're getting our suits tonight if you wanna come. Meet us in the parking lot after school and Owen will drive us." He stood up and left Noah alone with the robot again.
_______________________________________

"Trent! Wait up!" He turned around and faced whoever was calling him. Trent saw Justin running down the hall. He finally slowed when he was standing a few feet in front of Trent and they started walking to the front of the school together. "Hey, man, feels like we haven't talked in a while."

"Yeah, I guess not." Trent said as he stared at his shoes. All week, the same sentence had been replaying in his head it was just a kiss.

"So, I was thinking, what if you, me, Katie, and Sadie all went to dinner before homecoming? You know, since we're all friends?"

Even though just talking to him made Trent's heart hurt, he still said "Yeah, that sounds cool. I'll talk to Sadie about it after school." They opened the large double doors and were hit by a cool breeze.

"Awesome! Remember, Drama Brothers rehearsal tomorrow at Cody's. See ya'!" Trent sighed and walked to his car, making sure to send a quick text to Sadie about the new plans.
_____________________________________

Cody was too busy singing along to the radio to hear notice that the car had been parked. Once the song stopped, he hopped out of the car and began walking into the store with his friends. They began looking at the different suits, but Cody couldn't stop looking at Noah.

"You're staring." The bookworm said without looking up.

"Oh, sorry." Cody replied sheepishly before looking back at the suit in front of him.

Noah stepped up next to him, their shoulders brushing. "You should get the burgundy one. It brings out your eyes." He walked away, not noticing the bright smile Cody gave him. He took the suit and began walking to the changing room.

"WAIT!" Izzy shouted from across the room. "We can't see each other's outfits! It's a surprise!" Cody shrugged and went to the changing room. He looked at himself in the mirror after putting on the suit. He decided it fit well and took it off, returning just before Noah walked out of the changing room. They paid for their suits and all got back into the car to get dropped off at their respective houses.
_______________________________________

Justin flopped back onto his bed, tossing his phone beside himself. He was amazing, so why did he hate himself so much for going to homecoming with Katie? It's not like Trent would go with him. He felt a small buzz where he threw his phone. Justin picked up his phone and saw a text in one of the group chats.

Drama Brothers 🤪😝😝😎😎😝🤑🥵

Codemeister: someone bring me candy

Elvis#9: no.

Timberlake but hotter: get your boyfriend to do it

Codemeister: who?

H-Bomb: Noah, duh

Codemeister: were not dating

Codemeister: and anyways he just got home i don't wanna bother her

Timberlake but hotter: awwww love

Timberlake but hotter: now stop bothering us and bother him instead

Codemeister: 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

Elvis#9: ugh fine I'll be there in 10

Codemeister: omg yes I love you thank you!!!!

H-Bomb: remember rehearsal tomorrow for Drama Brothers

Timberlake but hotter: k

Elvis#9: got it

Codemeister: 👍

He tossed his phone back to his side and sighed. Maybe he should just write an angsty song about teenage drama.