27- Friday

Kitty ran into the orchestra room, dragging Sammy behind her. Both girls nearly crashed into Emma and Jen.

"Woah! Kitty!" Emma held out her hands to stop her sister. "What are you doing?"

Kitty let go of Sammy's hands and gasped for breath. "Sorry– ran here... from auditorium... holy shit... so tired... need to tell you something... oh my god..."

"Take your time." Emma said sarcastically as she watched her younger sister struggle to breathe. She turned to Sammy, "Do you know what's up?" Sammy shrugged.

Miss Josee slammed down a book on her desk and the group looked over at her. "Emma, will your sister and her friend be here to distract you for the entire rehearsal?" Kitty scoffed.

Emma shook her head quickly, "No, Miss Josee, she'll be leaving when rehearsal starts."

Kitty, having finally regained her regular breathing, looked at her sister, "Okay, I came to tell you something important."

"Rehearsal starts in three minutes and I'm sure Sammy would like to go home and you are going with her: hurry up."

"I wanted to tell you... that... I'm..." Emma set her viola down and crossed her arms. Kitty chuckled and finally finished, "I'm running for senior class president against Dave!" Emma, Sammy, and Jen all looked at her like she was crazy.

"What?!"
_________________________

Geoff groaned, he was sitting in the passenger's seat of Duncan's car on his way home.

"What's wrong, man?" Duncan looks at him from the driver's seat.

Geoff shrugs, "I dunno, bro. I'm just, like, bummed? I think I miss Bridge."

Duncan sighed, "You gotta stop thinking about her, dude, she's just some chick. I know exactly what you need, a party. Chad on the baseball team is having one at his place, let's go change at my house and we can check it out."

Geoff just nodded and looked out the window the rest of the ride. The boys got changed and drove to the rich part of town.

As Duncan played rock music and talked about the next football game, Geoff couldn't care. Had he fucked up? No, it wasn't his fault! It was her fault, obviously. But he still cared about her, he just needed to show Bridgette she was wrong about him. He just had to apologize again. That would work, right? Yeah, he would apologize, she'd see she had been crazy, they'd kiss and make up!

Geoff smiled to himself as they pulled up to the large house. Duncan knocked on the big white door and Chad, drink in hand, opened it. He grinned widely.

"Whattup dudes? So cool that you guys could make it to my party. Come in come in!" Chad opened the door wider and Geoff was instantly hit with the smell of alcohol and the noise of loud music.

Geoff grabbed a drink, he couldn't tell what was in it but he sipped it anyways. He walked into a less crowded hallway and took another sip. He pulled out his phone to call Bridgette and went over what he was going to say in his head.

A few people walked into the hallway he was in, so he walked around until he saw an empty bedroom. He made his way inside and opened the door. Geoff pressed the call button and put the phone up to his ear. He heard it ring.

Just then, the door opened abruptly and Geoff stood up quickly.

The girl who walked in barely looked at him, "Shit, sorry." She turned to leave.

He was stunned "Bridgette?"
________________________

Alejandro sat in his bed and contemplated things. Yes, he told Heather he'd back off, but he just hated staying away from her. But he didn't want to pressure her.

"If you keep worrying you'll get wrinkles." Alejandro shot up in his bed and looked at his door. His older brother, Jose, was standing in the doorway looking at him.

Alejandro groaned, "Shouldn't you be at college?"

Jose sat on the foot of his bed. "I'm visiting for the week, Al. Now, what are you thinking about?"

Alejandro sighed, there was nobody else to talk to. "There's this girl..."

"Ah, you like her?" Alejandro nodded, "Let me see her."

Alejandro pulled out his phone and found a picture on Heather's Instagram (one with her prominent glare).

Jose studied the image for a moment. "Her? She seems mean. Is she even a cheerleader? Al, you could do so much better."

Alejandro glared and stood up. He took his brother by the arm and dragged him outside of his room. "No one is allowed to say that about Heather. Ever." He shut the door loudly and left his brother standing there. He pulled out his phone to text someone.

555-123-4567: I need your help. I'm going to win Heather's heart

555-987-6543: First of all, how did you get my phone number? Second, what makes you think I would help you?

555-123-4567: Please, meet me in the gym on Monday after school🙏

555-987-6543: Fine.

A/N: please, please tell me what you wanna see in this book cause I have some ideas but I really live incorporating what you guys like. Thanks for reading, I'm finally in therapy so hopefully I'll be able to update more as my mental health gets better. Love you guys❤️❤️