29- Thursday

November

Alejandro had been working all week with Courtney. He was so excited but also so nervous. What if Heather didn't like it? What if she decided she hated him forever?

"Okay," Courtney said, looking over the checklist again, "We should be ready by Saturday."

Alejandro nodded. Maybe the nervous part outweighed the excited part. He continued to remind himself that it was for Heather, and it would all be worth it.

"And you're positive she'll like it?" He asked, scared.

Courtney shrugged, "Well, it's Heather. She's pretty hard to read." She looked up at him and saw the uncertainty in his eyes and softened her expression. "She's my best friend, I know her. I'm sure she'll like it, but she just might not be ready to date you and you have to be prepared for that."

He nodded and took a deep breath and got back to work.
________________________

Noah sat in his usual seat in the cafeteria, watching as Geoff walked to every table and invited people to the party he had on Friday.

"Where's Cody?" Owen asked. That's when Noah noticed that the boy wasn't in the lunchroom. Normally, if he wasn't with them then he was getting lunch or talking to his other friends, but he was nowhere to be seen.

Noah stood up, "I'll go find him." He walked away from the table, but he could still hear Izzy.

"He's going to find his boyfriend!! Oooooo" Noah rolled his eyes and made his way to Gwen's table.

"Do you know where Cody is?" He asked, trying to keep his usual uninterested tone of voice.

Heather rolled her eyes, "Shouldn't you know where your boyfriend is?"

Gwen waved her off, "No, we don't know where he is, sorry."

He shrugged and made his way out of the cafeteria.

Noah opened the door to the theater room and saw Cody sitting in the corner. He looked up when he heard the door close.

"Hey, how did you know I'd be in here?" Cody asked when Noah sat next to him.

Noah shrugged, "You're a theater nerd, it was easy." Cody half-heartedly chuckled. "What's up, you weren't at lunch?"

Cody shrugged and stayed silent for a while. "I guess I just wanted to think for a while." Noah didn't pressure him to go on. "It's kinda hard to explain to you, but sometimes it just feels like emotions are too much."

Noah nodded, "What kind of emotions? I mean, I know I'm not great at them, but you can still talk to me."

He took a deep breath. "I... like someone, but I feel like I can't tell them. And I've liked them for a while, and it's really weighing on me. I don't know."

Noah stared at him for a moment. "That... sounds like a lot. I think that telling the person might be a relief for you." Cody nodded. "I'm gonna head back to lunch and tell our group that you're alright and give you some time to think."

"Thanks, man."

Noah walked out of the room silently.
_______________________

Trent walked to his car and pulled out his key. He look towards the entrance of the school to see if Cody would need a ride home, but instead he saw someone else walking towards him.

Justin had apparently parked just a few spots away from Trent.

Trent saw his opportunity and stepped in front of the boy. Justin attempted to walk around him, but Trent grabbed his arm.

"Dude, stop. You keep avoiding me and it's pissing me off. What is up with you?"

Justin let out a long sigh. "Nothing is up, okay?"

"Bullshit. First, you kiss me in truth or dare and call it nothing, then you sing that song, and now you won't even be in the same room as me without your guard dogs." Justin shifted from one foot to the other, avoiding Trent's eyes. "Come on, man, what is wrong?"

"I like you, okay?" Trent took a step back. "That kiss in truth or dare wasn't nothing, but I didn't want you to know and us to get weird. That song was about you, dumbass. And I've been paying Katie and Sadie to help me avoid you because I was too embarrassed to admit that I fucking wrote a song and sang it in front of a bunch of people only for you to not fucking understand it."

Trent stared at him in shock. He didn't say anything for a long time.

Justin began to walk past him, but Trent grabbed onto his hand.

Justin looked back at him and Trent seized the moment, leaning forward and kissing Justin. It was different from their kiss during truth or dare. This kiss was sincere, romantic, passionate. This kiss was everything.

They broke apart and took a step back.

Justin spoke first, "That was—"

He was interrupted by Trent, "Do you want to be my boyfriend?" He laughed lightly, "Sorry, what were you saying?"

Justin smiled, "I was gonna say that was better than last time, you've definitely improved." Trent lightly shoved his shoulder. "But yeah, I'd like to be your boyfriend. You need some arm candy to make you more popular." The boys laughed and Trent looked down and their intertwined hands.

(A/N) Yes, I know it's been a long time since I've updated. A real good thing that's happened tho is that I'm on new medication and I've had a bunch of really good days in a row! I hope you all have had a good holiday season even if you don't celebrate. Thank you for being patient, I love you all so much!❤️❤️