11- Monday

"Hey there everyone at Wawanakwa High!" Kitty called from the loudspeaker for morning announcements. "Nothing much is happening today, but the Volunteering Club is selling homecoming tickets starting today and ending Thursday, so get your tickets now. Homecoming is on Friday. In other news, today's lunch is cheeseburgers and fries. Also, the cheer squad is looking for more members, tryouts are tomorrow after school. That's all for today, bye!" She turned off the intercom and stood up.

"Hey, Kit!" She heard a voice say from the open doorway. Kitty looked over and saw Jen standing outside. "Can I talk to you?" She asked.

"Of course! C'mon in and shut the door." Jen awkwardly sat at the table near Kitty. "What's up?" Jen regained her calm and cheery composure.

"Well, I want to ask out Emma."

"REALLY?!" Kitty cheered.

"Yeah, and I was hoping you could tell me how to do it?"

"Well, that's a hard thing to ask..." Kitty pondered for a moment before getting an idea. "Oh! She loves sappy romance movies. It's one of her secrets, she cries at the end whenever the guy gets the girl!" Jen perked up.

"Really?"

"Yeah, so you can play it simple, but super romantic!" Jen nodded eagerly at the suggestion.

"Thanks for the help, Kitty. I have a plan!" The girl quickly left the room.
______________________________________

Alejandro tied his shoelaces and got in his stance to start running. He looked over at Justin. Ever since track team tryouts, he and Justin had a small rivalry. They were civil in the halls, but they were completely different on the track.

"Get ready to lose." Justin commented.

"Stop talking to yourself, people are gonna think you're crazy." Alejandro retaliated. Justin glared at him and scoffed.

"You won't be talking when you eat my dust."

"Ready!" Coach called. The boys looked forward. "Set..." Alejandro looked at Justin one last time, seeing the determination in his eyes. "GO!" The boys shot forward. They were easily the two fastest on the team, meaning they were neck and neck throughout every race. Alejandro was two laps in, and pretty far away from Justin, when the cheerleaders came out for practice. His eyes zeroed in on a particular raven-haired cheerleader. She was thrown into the air, causing him to slow down.

"Have fun catching up, Ale-asshole!" Justin taunted as he passed. Alejandro snapped out of his daze and continued running, soon catching up to Justin. He finished his laps and sat down with his water bottle. Alejandro felt someone sit next to him. "What was that over there?" Justin asked. Alejandro looked confused at the question.

"Why do you care?"

"Listen, I know we hate each other and stuff, but I have problems too. You can talk to me when you want." He said, he took a glance at Alejandro before standing up.

"It's Heather." Alejandro said before Justin left. The boy turned around and faced him.

"Figured."

"It's just... I want to be with her, but she isn't ready to trust me."

"I mean... you did make out with most of her friends..." Justin countered.

"Not helpful." Alejandro glared.

"Sorry. Heather's the kind of girl who needs time before jumping in and dating someone. Especially someone like you. Just start simple." He looked at the time on his phone. "Oh, I gotta go. See ya man."

Alejandro sat and thought, replaying the words in his head.

Start simple.
_______________________________________

Emma walked down the hall after school. She left the school and saw her little sister. "Hey, Kit." She greeted. Kitty had her usual smile, but it was just slightly different.

"Hey, Emma! So, I accidentally left something in the theater room, cam you come with me to get it?" Emma nodded. The sisters walked to the theater room, but Kitty stopped outside of the door. "Wait here, I'll get it." Kitty opened the door and walked inside. Emma took out her phone and scrolled through her contacts. She sent a text to her sister's friend.

Hey, Sammy, Kitty's being weird. Do you know why?

🤐

You're not helpful.

I know

"Hey, Em, I actually need you to help me look." Kitty popped her head through the doorway. Emma put her phone away and walked in.

"So what are we-" she was cut off by the door closing behind Kitty. "What?" She looked around and saw the curtain shut. She was about to walk up when it opened a small bit. Sammy stepped out.

"Sit right here." She said, leading Emma to a chair. Emma, confused as ever, sat down. Sammy went back behind the curtain. "We're ready!" Sammy called to someone. Emma sat in utter confusion as the curtain opened and revealed Jen.

"Hey, Em! You're probably confused right now, but it'll all make sense soon." Jen turned around again. Some pop tune started from behind the stage and some drama kids came out.

"Wait, Kitty? Sammy?!" Emma called out when they ran onstage. The group started dancing in a very cheesy way with Jen in the middle.

The song came to a close with the dancers doing a flashy finish, and Jen walked up to Emma. "Emma, will you go to homecoming with me?" Emma smiled brightly.

"Of course!" She jumped up and hugged Jen.

"So, did you like the dance?" ]en asked.

Emma laughed slightly, "it was stupid, but it was cute."