19- Thursday

(Yes, I am aware I skipped Wednesday. I decided it was gonna be way too long to write at least one chapter per day)

October

Kitty took a deep breath and pressed the button. "Good morning, students!" Her cheery voice filled the school. "Congratulations to the football team and their big win last night against Pahkitew High. I have also been asked to apologize for the pictures in the newspaper that I have been told are 'implying a relationship between our Principal, Chris, and Chef Hatchet.' So, I am deeply sorry for this mix up." She rolled her eyes. "Anyways, additions for the school ply are today and tomorrow after school in the auditorium. Have a great day!" She lifted her finger off the button and grabbed her stuff. Kitty walked out of the room and saw Sammy waiting for her.

"Hey." The blonde said quietly with a little wave.

Kitty smiled widely, "hey! What're you doing here?"

"Ms. Smith wanted me to find someone to help me set up for auditions today and I thought of you."

"Awesome, let's go!" She linked her arms with Sammy's.
_______________________________________

Noah was working with the lights while everyone else set up. He looked over the small panel, seeing Cody move some props around the stage. "Hey, Gap! Wanna help me?" He called out. Cody nodded and smiled. "Alright, move just a little to your left!" The boy did and Noah turned on the spotlight and followed him, marveling in the glow it gave Cody. "Now to the right." Cody did it again. Noah couldn't help but smile at the way Cody was shining on the stage, yes from the spotlight, but also because of the smile on his face.

"Alright, auditions are starting!" The teacher called to the students who were sitting around, reading lines.

(A/N ok, so the way we audition at my school is you get a random set of lines from a random play or something and then you act it out in front of the others.)

"First up," she continued, "Ella."

Ella performed, making sure to sing at least one line. A couple people Noah didn't care about went up one after the other, then came Cody.

"Uh, hi, I'm Cody. Anyways here goes nothing." It was liked a switch flipped in his brain and he began reading the lines. "No, I'm not leaving you. We got here together, and we leave together." He waited a beat. "Don't say that! I promise, I won't go. I love you." Noah was in awe when Cody was done. Everyone clapped and the next person went up, but Noah was still replaying the audition in his head.
______________________________________

Gwen slid into the booth next to her girlfriend. All her friends had auditioned and decided to go for pizza to celebrate the upcoming results. As they devoured their slices, the teens sat and talked about school.

"Do you remember the end of freshman year when you and LeShawna shaved Heather's head?" Trent asked Gwen. The whole table began laughing.

"Or in junior year when LeShawna beat the shit out of her?" Justin added. Everyone laughed.

When the laughter died down slightly, LeShawna spoke. "That feels like so long ago. We've both matured and we're almost friends now."

"Harold," Gwen started, "remember in sophomore year when we all went to that amusement park and you accidentally sat on Duncan's bet spider?" Harold nodded and laughed. They continued to reminisce, happy to have this time together. However, Gwen could see the sadness hanging around them with the thoughts of leaving highschool.