$ 3 $

CHAPTER 3
·̩̩̥͙ $ * ☆ •̩̩͙ * ♡︎ * •̩̩͙ ☆ * ˚ $ ·̩̩̥͙

After McKay's party, the last two days of summer were a blur.

Estrella spent all of Sunday with Fezco and Ashtray, then spent Monday slumped in her bed due to smoking all day the day before with Fez.

She woke up Tuesday morning feeling a lot better, then remembered that it was the first day of school.

Estrella hated the first day of school–she hated sitting through slideshows her teachers made to tell the class about themselves, and she hated having to listen to her classmates tell the class something about themselves. She didn't care.

But she did care about first impressions, so she made sure she woke up early so she'd have enough time to get ready.

Estrella was in her room, blinking in front of her mirror to make sure her eyelashes were secure when she heard Fezco's voice speaking to her dad in the living room.

Her heart skipped a beat as she focused on their conversation, wondering why Fez was here so early, then remembered that he's probably just picking up from her dad.

She peeked out of her bedroom door and into the living room, her eyes landing on Fez as he stuffed clear bags of different pills into a duffel bag with Ashtray handing her dad a stack of money besides him.

Fezco felt eyes on him as he zipped up the duffel bag, so he looked up and immediately met eyes with Estrella.

He gave her a lil smile, then looked away after he felt himself start blushing.

"Estrella if you want a ride to school hurry it up, I got shit to do!" Hector, Estrella's dad spoke as he recounted the money Ashtray handed him.

"It's all there," Ashtray assured Hector, annoyed that he always took his time to recount it.

"Wouldn't doubt it. Just tryna decide how many bills ima give to Estrella," Hector laughed and pulled aside two 100s.

Estrella glanced at herself one last time in the mirror before walking out of her room with her backpack and her phone.

"Hiii," She said as she walked into the living room.

Hector glanced up at her from where he was sitting on the couch, "Damn, finally. Go warm up the car. Ion got no time to lose."

"I could take you," Fezco spoke up as Estrella looked around for her dad's keys, making Ashtray raise an eyebrow up at him.

Fez looked between Hector and Estrella before continuing,

"Like to school, I could take her if you got shit to do," He told Hector. "Ima take Ashtray right now anyways."

Hector stared at Fez for a second before looking back at Estrella and half nodding at her as a way of asking if she wanted to.

"I'm down," She agreed, glancing at Fez for a split second.

"Alright then," Hector nodded and stood up from where he was sitting, holding out the two bills he had pulled aside for her.