$ 16 $

CHAPTER 16
·̩̩̥͙ $ * ☆ •̩̩͙ * ♡︎ * •̩̩͙ ☆ * ˚ $ ·̩̩̥͙

"We've got two girls in 202 who are saying they both have information on the Perez assault," The receptionest at East Highland Police Station spoke into her walkie talkie as she suspiciously eyed the two girls seated in the waiting room. "What are your names?"

"Jules Vaughn," Jules spoke from the chair she was sitting.

The receptionist wrote that on a slip of paper before glancing at the second girl.

"Estrella Rodriguez."

"Their names are Jules Vaughn and Estrella Rodriguez."

Estrella stared at the receptionist as she wrote her name down, then side eyed Jules, noticing that she was staring at her.

Nate never mentioned to either of them that they wouldn't be the only ones giving a statement.

He had everything perfectly planned out and sorted, and everything would go his way if Jules and Estrella just said everything he instructed them to say.

Tyler had turned himself in that morning, and when word got out that it was possible that Nate was innocent, it would be perfect for the only two witnesses to speak up.

Nate told the two girls to go to the police station after school, but forgot to ask them to go at different times.

Estrella went home after school, about to pussy out and just tell her dad about what she was being dragged into, but he wasn't home when she got there.

So Nate was lucky, and Estrella showed up to the police station about half an hour after Jules.

Jules was called to the room first. She spoke to a few officers, telling them what she had seen and all she knew, based off of what Nate told her.

After about half an hour of questioning Jules, it was Estrella's turn.

"Run this by me again," The detective told Estrella as she read over everything she had noted down. "You recognized Tyler as the guy who had sex with Maddy at McKay's party?"

"Yeah," Estrella nodded. "And Maddy was telling me about how he wouldn't stop texting her after, like he was just acting super obsessive and weird."

"But you didn't see him choke her?" The detective asked her.

"No but I know he did it, Maddy told me. The same day this case was opened, at school? Maddy asked me to meet her in the bathroom because she needed someone to talk to, and she was crying because her mom thought it was Nate would had choked her," Estrella explained. "That's when Maddy told me that it was Tyler. He saw her at the carnival and was like, mad because she was with Nate, so he dragged her behind some trailers I guess and they started arguing and he choked her."

Estrella ran through what she and Nate had practiced over the phone in her head, recalling how she would nervously laugh, which would make Nate laugh, and they would just laugh together for a while.

"No Star, you didn't see it actually happen," Nate frustratedly corrected Estrella after she said something wrong.

Estrella was painting her toe nails to match the new set of purple nails she had gotten a few hours ago.