[ 00 ]

─⋅⋆ PROLOGUE ⋆⋅─

─── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───

The sweet gentle sound of a harp echoes throughout the dimly lit room of the Malfoy Manor, with every string being strung, a soft mellow note resonates in Draco Malfoy's room. He was sitting on the ledge of an arched window, his fingers delicately flipping another page of the book he was reading, 'Advanced Potions & Healing'. His platinum blonde locks were falling in his silver eyes as they fluttered, scanning through the paragraphs, taking in as much knowledge as he could. A smile naturally crept onto his face, recalling a girl who loves potions and that she would rather read books about potions than books about fiction and fantasies. 

A girl who was so different from all of the others Draco has ever met, a unique, beautiful, kind-hearted soul who was both fierce and gentle. It reminded Draco of the Sun, blazing with all its fiery might but yet offering a soothing warmness. A girl who would do anything to save someone whether they were good or bad. As long as they were hurt, physically, emotionally or mentally, she would always rush and try to heal them. A girl who had inspired him to be a better version of himself, to chase his dreams of becoming a Healer just like the girl's father. 

Aine Estoileon was the girl that he had fallen in love with. They started out as a girl who was his rival's friend before becoming close acquaintances, then back to being foes and strangers due to a misunderstanding that caused a rift in their friendship. However, being drifted apart wasn't something either of them wanted, they felt empty without each other, it was then they realized the feelings they had for one another were much more than they had expected. More than a close confidant, more than a friend who was always there for one another. She had Draco's heart in her clutches and she too was lost in his, both finding comfort and love in one another. 

Though she was a Gryffindor and was also deemed by his father as someone who is a blood traitor, Draco's perspective of the girl did not change, nor was he swayed. It didn't matter to him because she was just someone he needed and very much wanted in his life, by his side. He loved her so much that he felt grateful that she shared the same feelings. His innocent love for Aine was both unconditional and passionate, he was willing to do anything for her even if it meant turning away from the teachings his parents had taught him. Draco was even willing to stand on the side of goodness, humiliating himself as a boy who was foolishly in love and branding himself as a traitor and fighting against the Dark Lord if he had to. The dark wizard that everyone had feared, the monstrous man that he found out his family, specifically his father whom he held high respect was working under him. 

Draco ponders, recollecting what happened a week ago when he and his long-time nemesis Harry Potter and his friends fought in the Ministry of Magic. It was the first time in so long that he witnessed the Death of someone in front of his eyes, it was impossible to forget. When he closes his eyes, he could still remember it vividly as if it had happened only yesterday. The war between good and evil was raging on, coming to a boil now that Lord Voldemort has returned. There will no doubt be deaths. This time, it wasn't just old souls who will be caught in the war but them as well— the young blood who not only have one but two souls who were connected to the Dark Lord.

To watch someone die right before Draco's eyes, the colours of their faces draining away as they slowly succumb to eternal sleep. Never to be awakened to live, laugh and love again was... Terrifying. Especially if it was an unexpected death, so sudden that one moment they could be smiling and the next having someone cry for them. Just like Sirius Black, he thought to himself. Draco's smile falters when he recalls Harry's godfather when he was murdered by his own aunt, Bellatrix Lestrange.