[ 14 ]

Passing by carriages to get a seat of their own, Aine sifted through the busy train corridors with Draco. People stare at the couple shamelessly with both disbelief and contempt playing on their faces, gawping and gaping at how intimate both Aine and Draco were. Some had even placed their faces against the windows on their compartments, their jaws dropping. The Slytherin boy's hand grasped onto the Gryffindor girl's and he strokes her hand with his thumb, ignoring the looks of others. It was no surprise to most that they were a couple, many had known of the fact that they were together for quite some time. 

Perhaps it was also the fact that both students had a distinct reputation, both of them had come from great families. Lucius Malfoy was well known in the Wizarding world for his high status in the Ministry and Elliot Estoileon was a popular potioneer and honourable healer. Yet, the news of the two fathers' fall had spread like wildfire. With Lucius's allegiance to the Dark Lord followed by his capture, the Malfoy family had plummeted from grace. And with Elliot's brutal murder, it had left everyone in shock. None had expected the death of a man who had seemingly nothing in connection to Voldemort, or at least none had known of the truth.

Aine could see the news of the tragic passing of her father highlighted in the Daily Prophet as she had gone down the aisle. It troubled the girl immensely, the sight of their wrecked home was also flashing on the front page. She could feel her blood starting to boil from her anger, hatred and annoyance. Her fists clenched and unclenched and when her schoolmates were busy leering at them, they did not notice the newspaper lighting up in flames before the ashes of whatever remained had scattered out of the window.

Draco smirked to himself, witnessing the act himself even when he had kept looking forward. "Relax, love," he eases her and Aine grinned back mischievously. 

"They deserve it," she replied.

He shook his head, unable to convince her otherwise nor let alone fight her actions. "I wonder why you aren't placed in Slytherin? Had the Sorting Hat made a mistake? You obviously are cunning and ambitious like one," he said, giving her a side glance.

"Mayhaps. But why does it matter? Would you not like me anymore when I am in Gryffindor?" she challenges him back with a raised brow.

Draco chuckled lightly, "Oh, not at all, M'lady. You know that I'll still love you no matter which house you are in," he charms. "I don't really care where you are as long as you're next to me. You're mine just as how I am yours," he added seductively, stirring Aine's heart to flutter.

She rolled her eyes playfully and patted his arm to calm his passionate side. "Being rather protective now, are we?" she questions.

The blonde-haired boy blinked back innocently, he slides the door leading to the next carriage.  "Oh? Do you not feel the same way?" 

"You know I'll burn anyone for you..." Aine whispered back, sending shivers down Draco's spine. He pulled back to gaze at her, giving her a look. What she had said completely took him aback, he had not seen it coming but with that one line from Aine. He knew she was telling the truth, it was no casual bluffing. She was more than capable of doing so and it had frightened him a little, but he was also touched in some twisted way by the lengths she was going to go for him. However, he knew that he too will do anything for her as well.

After passing by countless compartments, Aine finally found the Trio in one. The corner of her lips curled up when she spotted them, her steps became light as she skips over to them, pulling Draco along. He groans, giving in to her. Before she could even slide the door open, she had overheard their conversation just outside. It sounded like they were having a mini argument with each other.

"It was a ceremony. An initiation!" Harry stated, and Aine narrowed her eyes at him from outside.

Hermione frowns in displeasure at her friend's assumptions, she disliked how he was jumping to conclusions from just one snoop of what happened in Borgin and Burkes. "Stop it, Harry. I know where you're going with this," she said.